Ready-lift 1.5" drop blocks - anyone have them

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch- I got the blocks on amazon, so I can return them easily.

You say the shackles are the best way to go?

@aR4CE I have messed with the height of the rear a lot. Currently have Deavers, but I've had the 1.5" ready lift blocks that you are referring to (sold them) and had lowering shackles too. The cheapest and easiest way to mess with the height is going to be the lowering shackles. Jeff from Deavers told me "shackles are shackles", so I went with these rough country shackles. They have two different settings, so you can mess with the height even further. I personally felt like the truck rode better with the lowering shackles on as opposed to the smaller blocks. These are the shackles that I bought and they've held up great for a year and a half, no issues at all.

1-2in Rear Lowering Shackles for 04-13 Ford F-150 Pickup [RC0502] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Let me know if you have any other questions.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch- I got the blocks on amazon, so I can return them easily.

You say the shackles are the best way to go?

Personally, I thought so. I think the ride was slightly better with the shackles rather than the blocks. Realistically, the difference is probably pretty small. I also liked the two setting on the shackles cause I'm an **** **** and wanted to get exactly the right stance. One thing that I definitely will say, is don't take the block out completely (like stated above) and don't try to run the smaller block AND the shackle. Pick one or the other and roll with it.

They are very similar but my preference would probably be the shackle....also, most likely you'll eventually get Deavers and could always use the shackle with them. The block would be not applicable with the Deavers.

OP
OP
aR4CE

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I requested to cancel the blocks; if it goes through I'll order the shackles in the morning.

Personally, I thought so. I think the ride was slightly better with the shackles rather than the blocks. Realistically, the difference is probably pretty small. I also liked the two setting on the shackles cause I'm an **** **** and wanted to get exactly the right stance. One thing that I definitely will say, is don't take the block out completely (like stated above) and don't try to run the smaller block AND the shackle. Pick one or the other and roll with it.

They are very similar but my preference would probably be the shackle....also, most likely you'll eventually get Deavers and could always use the shackle with them. The block would be not applicable with the Deavers.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I requested to cancel the blocks; if it goes through I'll order the shackles in the morning.

No problem man! Happy to help out by giving my input. I tried a thousand combos so just wanted to save someone else the aggravation. Hopefully you can still cancel, but Amazon I believe is free shipping back to them too. The shackles are easy to put on and a simpler solution overall. I think you'll be happy. It's easy to swap back to factory shackles too if your ever gonna go on a run and really want max travel as others have talked about. Good luck bud!

Desertrat83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You literarily just saved me a bunch of money. I recently went with the Gieser springs bottom perch and Denver +2. The ride is awesome compared to stock mid perch and stock leafs but damn the rake kills me. @lekap

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You literarily just saved me a bunch of money. I recently went with the Gieser springs bottom perch and Denver +2. The ride is awesome compared to stock mid perch and stock leafs but damn the rake kills me. @lekap

Awesome! Glad to hear it! Same setup that I have with Gieser springs and Deavers. Since I'm close to Deaver, I had them de-arch the springs to get the lower ride height. Ended up being a bad choice and had them re-arch them back to about stock height. Then ran the rough country shackles at the one inch drop setting. That still gave me a great ride and puts me dead level with the front height. I think my Deavers have settled a little too...maybe close to an inch...so now with the shackle, I am dead level in front and rear when I measure from the ground to the flare. I tried a thousand combos and this was the best in my opinion!

Oh yeah....or just put some more weight in the bed. It'll actually ride best that way, with weight in the bed. I have my spare and a few things back there, but still felt a need to put the shackle on. If I ever do a whole rack deal back there, I'll probably be able to put the stock shackle back on. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the 1.5" rear block and enjoy the look and the ride. I use the truck off road at speed and haven't bottomed out the shocks before the bumps engage. If your lowering the rear only for aesthetics then I'd go with the shackles, purely out of ease of install. If you plan on using the truck off road I would go with the blocks. The blocks allow you to retain almost the same amount of bump travel as stock where as shackles will decrease it by the amount of drop. In regard to ride quality with both setups your deeper into the compression stroke so it does firm up some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I also run the same blocks, I has had no issues with them offroad, I will be removing them to upgrade suspension in 3 weeks .. if anybody is interested in them .

dubairaptor

Reaction score
@aR4CE I have messed with the height of the rear a lot. Currently have Deavers, but I've had the 1.5" ready lift blocks that you are referring to (sold them) and had lowering shackles too. The cheapest and easiest way to mess with the height is going to be the lowering shackles. Jeff from Deavers told me "shackles are shackles", so I went with these rough country shackles. They have two different settings, so you can mess with the height even further. I personally felt like the truck rode better with the lowering shackles on as opposed to the smaller blocks. These are the shackles that I bought and they've held up great for a year and a half, no issues at all.

1-2in Rear Lowering Shackles for 04-13 Ford F-150 Pickup [RC0502] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®

Let me know if you have any other questions.
hey man i know its a bit late, but is there any chance if you could clarify that these shackles fit the raptor as the website says its only compatible with 2009-2013 f150's, i'm sure the shackles are the same on both trucks but i'd like some confirmation before i waste my time ordering