read shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear shocks

i notice a hard sound in bumps specially on high speed and hard bumps is that normal or i need to tie shocks or replace something

Last edited:

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which Raptor? (Year and SCAB or Crew)

How many miles?

Is this only off road?

Do you see any oil or mud around the shock shaft in the rear where it goes in the shock body or at the rod end? In the front it is very hard to see but you can use a screw driver and go between the spring coils and lift up the shock jounce bumper on the shaft and see if you see any oil leakage.

What is Tie Shocks?

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26000, 2010 , super cab,
i really don't know that but i will take it to garage to be checked tomorrow i mean maybe the screws lose i need to check that too or its ok ,,,, the sound docent come higher its the same but what i do if i have leak what should i replace or add oil or wat to do

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

mmmm can you tell me where exactly i will take pictures and upload them if you can check that

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen a few SCAB that have lost the nitrogen inside the shock because of oil leaking out of the shaft. If this is the case the shock needs to be replaced under warranty. YES, they will replace it or ask them to please replace both of them. If for some reason the factory won't cover the replacement shock they can be rebuilt. You can send them into FOX in Santee CA and they require 3 weeks or send me a PM and I can tell you what I can do for you. A new shock is over $750each and to rebuild one you're looking at around $150 - $200 depending on parts and what's wrong of course.