Re-Use OEM Tow Hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
I just installed the RPG raceline bumper but at the time Corey was all out of the Tow hitch assembly. i was taking a look at the oem tow hitch and looking at it seems like you could just trim off the third bolt hole and throw it on! has anyone attempted this yet? i may give this a shot since no one has shown any interest in buying my oem bumper i might as well hack it up and see if i can get it to fit?!

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it with the building of my own rear bumper. Easy to do as long as you've got the tools and know how. I posted a thread on Exterior Mods I think last year.
Mil T

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
here's a picture of the stock hitch and our hitch its pretty simple to do with the stock one maybe this picture will help with your adventures!

Pat
RPG tech/sales

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 162

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
here's a picture of the stock hitch and our hitch its pretty simple to do with the stock one maybe this picture will help with your adventures!

Pat
RPG tech/sales

I don't like that you loose the recovery points.

I hate recovering trucks with aftermarket bumpers. It typically tears up the recovery gear add the owner tried to wrap the tow strap around solid steel with sharp corners.... :wizserious:

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Reaction score

I hate recovering trucks with aftermarket bumpers. It typically tears up the recovery gear add the owner tried to wrap the tow strap around solid steel with sharp corners.... :wizserious:

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

The mounting brackets on the RPG hitch look like they have holes in them for D-rings/shackles so you would have good recovery points...

Last edited:

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

you don't lose them they just dont stick out like the old ones do here is a better pic on the recovery points and to me they seem a lot stronger and thicker!

i've used them before with a shackle and it work flawlessly!

Pat
RPG tech/sales

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0009.jpg
    IMG_0009.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 123

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you don't lose them they just dont stick out like the old ones do here is a better pic on the recovery points and to me they seem a lot stronger and thicker!

i've used them before with a shackle and it work flawlessly!

Pat
RPG tech/sales

What's that air tank under there for?