Rcv IWE eliminator kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And I also want to say that I do feel that there is a place in the market for the IWE delete, those that run crazy hard in 4wd or mud a lot can definitely benifit from it. But at the same time, I also would not want a daily driver with that setup because of the previously mentioned points.

But what about those of us who do run crazy hard on trips yet do drive the truck everyday? Seriously I would love to do something like this if it would help guarantee that when the knob is turned to 4x4 it will actually go into 4x4 every time. Almost every event I have been to someone suffers a failure of the stock system. Quite often that is the end of their trip too. Last thing I want whether on a full blown off road excursion or something close to home is to need 4x4 and not have it work. This is the reason I would love to have a replacement/upgrade to this system that makes it reliable. Loss of a little mpg isn't a deal breaker. However wearing out everything and creating other problems would be a deal killer.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Yes, that is why I am focusing on/developing a ENTIRE upgraded system. From stronger IWE gears, to a stronger and quicker acting vacuum system, and stronger engagement spring. It's a complete package. taking the system ford gave us, and making it better.

It's taking quite a bit of time to R&D/test this system. But i firmly believe it will be the end all solution. (for most. Time is my worst enemy, but I hope to have this rreleased this year.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious if you could take out the rear ELD diff and move it to the front and throw a Detroit locker in the rear. Or install a air locker in the front diff so you could install these IWE eliminators rings and the only things turn up front would be the CV shafts? 50% less moving parts if only installing the IWE eliminators right? Front prop shaft shouldn't spin right? Just a thought.

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theres no point for the vacuum system. pointless to even upgrade it. Just run the damn thing locked.
NO you cannot put a locker in a 8.8 LOL. Unless you want to shred everything. A locker spools 10 times harder you need a BEEFY IFS system to back that up.
I got a Dynatrac Pro60IFS front with a detroit locker. Rcv shafts, spydertrax hubs, atlas tcase and hydrolic steer. It's hard on the truck.
ill find pics of the RCV collars. been testing them for over a year now. Been testing stuff for RCV for 2 years or so now.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
I have been thinking about installing gauges in the cab to make sure proper vacuum prior to engaging/disengaging 4WD. This could prevent damage to the IWE system.

While I dont know for sure, my guess is improper vacuum is probably the likely cause of many of the IWE failures. My friend's daughter's F150 had an IWE failure and when he measured the vacuum in the lines, the failed wheel-end had improper vaccum. I think the IWE failures is more of the effect than the cause.

I have been wanting to install the FRPP hot cams in my 5.4L Raptor however; I am afraid it will reduce the vacuum in the system (Mustangs dont have 4WD). If anyone has any data on this, I would love to see it.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Within the next year I will be upgrading a lot of front end components and will need to replace, or eliminate the IWE. My truck isn't a daily driver but I still want to be able to take trips comfortably with it. I know most manufactures don't use IWE witch means there front half shafts turn. Has anyone run these on the truck for a while now with any real world experience, and not just theory? I'm considering this set up for sure

sabumaru

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys. Within the next year I will be upgrading a lot of front end components and will need to replace, or eliminate the IWE. My truck isn't a daily driver but I still want to be able to take trips comfortably with it. I know most manufactures don't use IWE witch means there front half shafts turn. Has anyone run these on the truck for a while now with any real world experience, and not just theory? I'm considering this set up for sure

@rptr has a lot of long distance miles on the eliminated setup as far as i know.

Keep in mind each upgrade will bring a new bottleneck to light.. So its a process of elimination till all is beefed up to handle like you want without the added maintance intervals