RC Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m going back and forth between a scale truck and a racing truck now…

If I was being rational, I’d get a scale kit like the UDR or the Baja Rey because I’m really only going to be bashing with it and the scale aspect will add to the fun. But I always get the performance bug.
Add enough vitavon parts to the UDR and you’ll have both dude

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Add enough vitavon parts to the UDR and you’ll have both dude
In my experience, they are different animals. No matter how much after market CNC bling you add, a scale model will never beat a racing model in a race. And racing models tend to be much more durable and easier to service. I once had an RC10 that pretty much didn’t have a single stock part left on it—including the chassis. Honestly, stock was better. There are always a few upgrades that improve performance or durability (e.g., the aluminum hubs for the UDR seem like a good idea), but 90% of them do not, or create other problems.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my experience, they are different animals. No matter how much after market CNC bling you add, a scale model will never beat a racing model in a race. And racing models tend to be much more durable and easier to service. I once had an RC10 that pretty much didn’t have a single stock part left on it—including the chassis. Honestly, stock was better. There are always a few upgrades that improve performance or durability (e.g., the aluminum hubs for the UDR seem like a good idea), but 90% of them do not, or create other problems.
I agree with ya 100%. Most alloy parts I have on my build , front drive shaft ( stock in plastic believe it or not, terrible design) hubs, front steering knuckles, lower links, servo, shock towers and shock caps, front and rear sway bars and end links, are all due to breaks on factory items that’s are known to break

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about going with this one.

I had one. Loved it, but talk about a pain in the ASSSS to work on. The battery door is a horrible design, and I blew through wheels like every run on 8S since there were plastic and the hubs were metal. UDR in my opinion is a much better platform or go with the New redesigned 1/10 Baja Rey.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 9