Rattle when accelerating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason I noticed tonight both times my truck was cold and I started it to drive, as I started to accelerate I heard a rattle, almost like something was vibrating. Then when the engine was warm I wouldn’t hear it anymore when accelerating. I’m due for a oil change soon so I was gonna have them check it when they do that. Any ideas on what is causing it?

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's possibly partial engagement of one of the Integrated Wheel Ends (IWEs). Put it in 4A and see if the noise goes away.
Tested it in 4A today and still made noise so it must be something rubbing and creating the sound I’m hearing

OP
OP
Caleb Sousley

Caleb Sousley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I am late to this thread, but have almost exact same thing happening. Did you ever figure anything out?
Not yet, I haven’t even been listening for it lately lololol. It’s getting a oil change Monday and if they see something off in my truck I’m sure they will say something to me so we shall see