rattle in 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have any of you had problems with a bad rattle in 2wd.

Mostly before shifting after 3rd gear.

If i shift it to 4wd or awd its not there

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IWE issues give off an “ice in a blender” rattle noise. My Raptor had it, and it’s easy to fix. The hard part is getting a dealership to actually address it. I got the “could not duplicate” response the first time I brought mine in (even though I told them it was going to be an IWE problem when I brought it in). The second time I brought it in I made it very clear the “could not duplicate” bull crap wasn’t going to work again. They changed the check valve and amazingly the problem hasn’t reoccurred since.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IWE issues give off an “ice in a blender” rattle noise. My Raptor had it, and it’s easy to fix. The hard part is getting a dealership to actually address it. I got the “could not duplicate” response the first time I brought mine in (even though I told them it was going to be an IWE problem when I brought it in). The second time I brought it in I made it very clear the “could not duplicate” bull crap wasn’t going to work again. They changed the check valve and amazingly the problem hasn’t reoccurred since.

Be wary. That rattling sound alone is enough to damage the IWEs. That is the sound of them partially engaging and getting worn down to where they won't properly engage, they break at the worst time, etc etc.

I carry a spare these days even though I've upgraded mine.

OP
OP
wipit

wipit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you sound like that, but what the part that needs to be changed.
whats the IWE

_Satch_

Reaction score
Ok thank you sound like that, but what the part that needs to be changed.
whats the IWE

It's a confluence of small rubber hoses with a check valve on the firewall directly in front of the driver. The part number is FL3Z-3A788-B. I ordered 2 of them from Tasca Parts as spares just in case I ever have a problem. They were $7 a piece.
-Satch