Exhaust? Caliper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBL7DS

Reaction score
Happens in 2wd or any of the 4s, brake depressed or not I’ve got this rattle… notable on sharp bumps, wash board roads, etc. banged all around undercarriage with a rubber mallet. Has slowly gotten worse which would rule out rattle clips, right? Dealer said they couldn’t duplicate. Video is doing 20mph in 4a.

Attachments

• IMG_1841.mov
    13.3 MB
OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
So update
Dealership is telling me they sourced the rattle noise in my video above to the front driveshaft…. I’m not buying, but they’ve had the truck for a week now and ordered a new driveshaft. Said it was not CONTROL ARMS OR ENDLINKS. Anyone have a rattle that turned out to be the front driveshaft? I’ve had joint slack/clunk but not a rattle. Thanks.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
I had a similar rattle at one point around 50k, I put new sway bar end links on and it did not resolve. It actually ended up being the caliper bolts, not the bracket bolts but the slide pins. When I removed them and cleaned/ re grease it went away and has been fine ever since. There was little grease on them from the factory because they had never been touched before. Worth looking into for not much money. Otherwise, hard to diagnose over the internet without more info, it could be driveshaft related as well

OP
OP
D

DBL7DS

Reaction score
I had a similar rattle at one point around 50k, I put new sway bar end links on and it did not resolve. It actually ended up being the caliper bolts, not the bracket bolts but the slide pins. When I removed them and cleaned/ re grease it went away and has been fine ever since. There was little grease on them from the factory because they had never been touched before. Worth looking into for not much money. Otherwise, hard to diagnose over the internet without more info, it could be driveshaft related as well
Thanks. I get it back this afternoon. Still scratching head on rattle in my video being the front driveshaft. Any driveshaft noise I’ve been around 2wd or 4wd has been a clunk. Not speed bump pot hole rattle. Will update accordingly.

StraightSixM2C

Reaction score
You can try checking below the bed, above the frame rail on I believe the passenger side. There’s a cast iron damper that’s there that the bushings get blown out on. When I find the picture I’ll post it. I cut the bolts with a sawzawl and bust barely got it out without having to lift the bed. Not saying this is your noise, but it may be one.