Raptors In Snowy Conditions and/or Pulling Sled Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
If the road is completely covered in snow it's okay to pop 4x4. If it's paved then snow drift then paved then mush on half the side but the other half paved maybe someone else can correct me... i think it's bad just like you never put 4x4 on a paved road.
If i am on a highway left lane and i need to change 1 lane right and in between there is slush and ice i dont put 4hi....

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
I just like the (perceived) feeling of control and safety in the snow when I'm in 4X4hi. Also, I live in the mountains and am almost never on a flat road - driving daily from 1000 ft. to 3000+ft. above sea level.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
op you can totally disable traction control by holding for more than 3 seconds it will go sport mod then disabled mod have fun.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they do good in sport mod just hitting the traction button once but if you want it totally disabled hold it down until it says disabled traction control. then you are out until you put the truck in park. I drove threw 2 and 3 foot snow with no problem just in 2 wheel drive nothing locked in. I still had the stockers on but the duratracs are way better.

aalonso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine with my snowmobile trailer!! It does a pretty good job in the snow.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356834872.730523.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356834931.228823.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356834999.445529.jpg

2011 Ford F150 Raptor SVT Molten Orange - Roush CAI & Exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya the first thing I do when getting in is hit the button. it would be nice to revers it only when some one other than me is driving it. I think you can with a tune I was reading up on it in the diablosport web site.

ejlmoney

Reaction score
I have owned a 2013 Raptor for 3 weeks now.

Short Answer:
Heavy snow and ice: Raptor don't care. It does whatever it wants.
Snow and ice covered road: Raptor don't care. It does whatever it wants.

Long Answer:
First, the Raptor has the ability to lock the rear differential. This will provide maximum traction in those difficult spots. Depending on your Off Road setting, it will disengage at certain speeds.

The Raptor AdvanceTrac has three settings: Normal, Sport and Off. This will impact the traction control and yaw in the truck. If set to Off it will revert to Sport over 35 mph unless the Off Road setting is On.

Lastly, the Raptor has an Off Road setting. It is either "on" or "off". The Off Road setting and AdvanceTrac combined will drive the Raptors traction control and yaw.

I'm impressed with the AdvanceTrac. It was extremely difficult to break the truck loose on snow covered roads....even when I tried. I had a 2006 F150 before this. It did great in the snow but the Raptor has been even better.

You can definitely use your 4 Wheel Hi on snow, slush and ice covered roads. That what it's for!!

I can't speak to towing. Sorry

Last edited: