Raptors built during COVID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a fan boy. Have been in the industry long enough to know every brand has their problems. The germans are certainly not immune, and the infallable japanese aren't either. Honda being one of the worst after nissan.

S5 is the same chassis as an A5. Sorry bud, just because they put an S in front of it, some nicer leather in it, better susupension and more HP (HUH, sounds like a raptor) doesn't make it a suddenly extra exceptional vehicle.

By your definition of luxury, everything except a public transit is a luxury.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I do own several BMWs (M3, X3) in addition to my Raptor and Explorer and I certainly wouldn't want to make the claim that they have better QC, are put together better, or even use better materials than my Fords do.

Between my old X5 and current X3, there were over $50k in combined repairs (not maintenance) required in less than 50k combined miles--that is, it cost more than $1/mile in repairs to drive these vehicles.

OP
OP
B

beemerb0y

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, started this thread and didnt realize there are 8 pages of replies. Here are pics of some of the paint issues I described, where I feel like it is not a thick enough coat of paint for full coverage. My detailer pointed these out after a paint correction/ceramic coating process, as he had the car under full lighting and everything was easily seen. Mainly the top portion of the bed, and around the headlight areas

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, started this thread and didnt realize there are 8 pages of replies. Here are pics of some of the paint issues I described, where I feel like it is not a thick enough coat of paint for full coverage. My detailer pointed these out after a paint correction/ceramic coating process, as he had the car under full lighting and everything was easily seen. Mainly the top portion of the bed, and around the headlight areas

View attachment 158448

View attachment 158449
That actually doesn’t look right.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That actually doesn’t look right.

As well as:

Actually, that doesn't look right.
That doesn't actually look right.
That doesn't look actually right.
That doesn't look right, actually.

Gotta love the English language.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As well as:

Actually, that doesn't look right.
That doesn't actually look right.
That doesn't look actually right.
That doesn't look right, actually.

Gotta love the English language.

In actuality, that doesn’t look right.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait wait can we get back to the topic for one second....my Raptor was built in August delivered in September to dealer with me purchasing it 3 days after delivery...my only gripe or question, is it common with all F-150 trucks have a gap when glove box is closed? Once glove box is closed and looking directly down at it there is a gap where I can sort of see what’s in the glove box.
Outside of that I did a complete walk through of the exterior of the truck with a buddy of mine that also has F-150 and everything looks flush.

My glove box looked the same as your description when I got it. It was actually just the owners manual causing it not to shut properly. I moved it to the tray at the top of the glove box and it shuts completely now. The owners manual for this thing is ridiculous, 600+ pages plus all the supplement books that come with the Raptor. No wonder it wouldn't shut LOL