Raptor vs Tremor 402

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first Raptor was a 13 Gen 1, then a 18 & 20 Gen 2. I never had any issues with the Eco in the Get 2's, however I din't put enough miles on them to matter.

Was looking to purchase another Oxford white Raptor at my dealer this past weekend, but was able to order a 24 for an additional $1,300. The 23 on the dealer lot had the standard wheels (wanted black) and also had all the deletes. Just makes more since to get a 24 at this point.

Crazy how I could have purchased a 2022 with a 37 package in Jan for what a base Raptor is now. The 37 package now takes the cost to about $94K. Looks like the 37 now includes the recaro's to justify the $11K upgrade.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first Raptor was a 13 Gen 1, then a 18 & 20 Gen 2. I never had any issues with the Eco in the Get 2's, however I din't put enough miles on them to matter.

Was looking to purchase another Oxford white Raptor at my dealer this past weekend, but was able to order a 24 for an additional $1,300. The 23 on the dealer lot had the standard wheels (wanted black) and also had all the deletes. Just makes more since to get a 24 at this point.

Crazy how I could have purchased a 2022 with a 37 package in Jan for what a base Raptor is now. The 37 package now takes the cost to about $94K. Looks like the 37 now includes the recaro's to justify the $11K upgrade.
It’s wild, by the time they stop producing the R in a year or two the 3.5 trucks will msrp for the same $108k haha. Fun times.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fun times indeed! Yes a few more price increases or they will just remove more options that they think nobody wants.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a 24 Raptor, this will be my 4th and had thoughts on if I should have just purchased a F-150 Tremor. Was wondering if others had similar thoughts?

Raptor Pros:
1. It's a Raptor
2. Resale Value
3. Its a Raptor

Raptor Cons:
1. Cost +$12-14K over a Tremor
2. No more Torsen front diff, BO Unleashed went from 18 Speakers to 14. I'm sure it sounds better...Lol
3. Tremor interior seems just as good. Rear seats even have Tremor stitched in them Raptors don't (not that I'm a fan) just an observation.
4. Purchase MSRP/or ADM - Tremor you can purchase at XPlan + and rebates, no ADM at most dealers
5. Can get a 5.0 in the Tremor (Yes you can get a 6.2 in the Raptor R), however it's not targeted for the average buyer.
6. 37 Package is now +$11K...ouch. Could have purchased a 22 Raptor 37 Package for about what I ordered my 24 Raptor 35 back in Jan.

Any feedback/or Flames is WI read on the Ford website that the 2024 has the Torsen front differential unless they made a mistake

I bought my Raptor in February. My brother works for Ford. I looked at a loaded Tremor with A plan and still didn't want it.

I paid MSRP for a truck I wanted. Can't gets A plan on SVT / FP vehicles.

All trucks are expensive now. Might as well get what you want and be happy.

I'd be pissed if I bought the Tremor. It's a total poser truck. Not even worthy of Starbucks cruising.
I read on the Ford website that the 2024 has the Torsen front differential unless they made a mistake.

EndlessEight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a 2024 Tremor on the Ford website and it came out to be 2k less than what I paid for my 2023 Raptor.

Negligible pricing and I would take the Raptor all day.

The Tremor in the 60k range would be a strong consideration.

Monstarapta

Reaction score
Long time gen1 owner. Bought Raptor in 2012 at invoice. cybertruck reservation on reveal date. Didn’t think I would be in the gen1 for this long, but cybertruck has been delayed. transmission finally gave at 150k in May. Wasn’t going to put money into a 11 year old truck with that many miles. Went to my local ford dealer and they had a few raptors and a few tremors on the lot. Tremor at invoice vs Raptor +adm. Now have 10k miles on the Tremor and no complaints. big improvement over my gen 1. It was a stop gap til my reservation came up, but I’m really liking the tremor.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Long time gen1 owner. Bought Raptor in 2012 at invoice. cybertruck reservation on reveal date. Didn’t think I would be in the gen1 for this long, but cybertruck has been delayed. transmission finally gave at 150k in May. Wasn’t going to put money into a 11 year old truck with that many miles. Went to my local ford dealer and they had a few raptors and a few tremors on the lot. Tremor at invoice vs Raptor +adm. Now have 10k miles on the Tremor and no complaints. big improvement over my gen 1. It was a stop gap til my reservation came up, but I’m really liking the tremor.
Good to hear. F150 Tremor looks pretty decent to me. I could see driving one. It’s nice to have options. Now we hope that FMC doesn’t implode and prove the saying “Get woke, go broke”. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
David1986

David1986

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Raptor's continue to Price surge beyond Enjoying to own, Tremor's will be potentially be an option. We all have a price we place on things to own and everyone's is different.

I'm a little weird I know, but I won't pay an ADM. I probably could have paid a small one, then flipped it, but it's just the principle for me. Even if I won the lottery I would pass. (Never played the lottery).

As some have stated a $60K optioned Tremor is not a bad value for what you get. It's Great in Life to have choices!

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a Tremor in the Costco Parking lot and thought, Nah.
Saw a "Predator" in the County Jail Staff parking lot and had never seen that before - all the bid wheel wells, same front grill, but "Predator" on the front wheel well. Interesting, must be a dealer mock-up unless someone is familiar with that.