raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
I

ironpeddler

Reaction score
These are the official 2022 Tundra MSRP numbers. The Tundra Pro will be priced above the 1794 Edition. The Pro will be available in White, Black, Solar Octane and Lunar Rock. Tundra Pro MSRP and official EPA fuel mileage numbers will be revealed in the spring of 2022.

• Tundra SR (RWD/Double Cab/6.5-ft bed): $37,645
  • Tundra SR (4WD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $42,695
  • Tundra SR5 (RWD/Double Cab/6.5-ft bed): $42,450
  • Tundra SR5 (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $48,810
  • Tundra Limited (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $50,595
  • Tundra Limited (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $53,925
  • Tundra Platinum (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $58,685
  • Tundra Platinum (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $62,015
  • Tundra 1794 Edition (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $59,385
  • Tundra 1794 Edition (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $62,715
  • Tundra Pro Hybrid (4WD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): TBD

The trd pro will not start out above the 1974 edition as it does not have nearly the options on the base trd pro model compared to the base model 1974 edition. The base models 1974/platinum have a lot of options to start with. I still expect the base trd model to be priced in the low to mid $50's. The 2021 Tundra trd pro started at $49k...do you think it will jump from $49k to $65k base? That is a huge jump. If I am wrong then it will make my decision a lot easier in favor of the raptor.

Last edited:

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Pro will start in the low to mid $60’s because the Pro is the only Tundra model that comes standard with the hybrid drivetrain. Clicking the hybrid option box on the other high end trim levels will not be a cheap option.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So long as major manufacturers continue to prioritize penny pinching over sustainable growth, we’ll have this problem.
Yup. When Harvard MBAs start running a company, it starts downhill. As soon as the founder is gone, it's time to sell your stock. It happens over and over again. I had a front row seat as Hewlett-Packard went over the falls. I jumped off halfway down. Today, HP is a rebadged Compaq. If Henry Ford were still running FMC, it would be a very different company. And I'd bet money that a lot of the trash talk aimed at Elon would also be aimed at old Hank ... for the same reasons.

OP
OP
I

ironpeddler

Reaction score
I think the Pro will start in the low to mid $60’s because the Pro is the only Tundra model that comes standard with the hybrid drivetrain. Clicking the hybrid option box on the other high end trim levels will not be a cheap option.

I think the confusing thing is that you can have a limited or 1974 tundra model with the trd pro package. Those models will not be cheap. But the actual trd pro model with the trd pro package, even with the hybrid engine I think base will be low to mid $50's. If the 2021 trd pro model starts at $49k, the 2022 with the hybrid engine will add what, $5k or so to base model pricing? That is around $54-55k. But with inflation and the way things are right now maybe it will be closer to $60k than what I am thinking. If that is the case then I think it is a no brainer between a $60k base tundra and a $65k base raptor....even if you are getting 20+ mpg with the hybrid tundra.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For that to happen, an entrepreneur would need a good faith belief that a major manufacturer, like Ford, would deliberately pay “middle class wages” to ensure we weren’t reliant on forced labor from children in sub-human sweat factories in far away lands. Since Ford, like every other large corporation maintains very strict budget for these expenses -- remember the much touted plastic oil pans for the 2017 Raptor? Their budget staff doesn’t consider long term sustainability. It’s the same mentality that drops the axe on senior technical staff in favor of inexperienced contractors. Sure, they see an initial savings of a few scores of thousands of dollars, but eventually they pay up when the inexperienced staff take orders of magnitude longer to resolve problems or come up with innovations or solutions. Win / win, AMIRIGHT? Budget guys get their pat on the back and quarterly monetary award, upper management is able to show their boss, grand boss, great grand boss, etc. how much money they ’saved’ but nobody seems to care that they’ve just put experienced, senior staff out on the street and quite likely into the caring arms of a competitor- anti-compete agreement be damned. They also don’t notice at first that their new staff can’t and won’t handle things with the same skill, efficiency or technical prowess that the team they replaced did.

So long as major manufacturers continue to prioritize penny pinching over sustainable growth, we’ll have this problem.
That’s because the average person will not pay for what it cost to build.
For that to happen, an entrepreneur would need a good faith belief that a major manufacturer, like Ford, would deliberately pay “middle class wages” to ensure we weren’t reliant on forced labor from children in sub-human sweat factories in far away lands. Since Ford, like every other large corporation maintains very strict budget for these expenses -- remember the much touted plastic oil pans for the 2017 Raptor? Their budget staff doesn’t consider long term sustainability. It’s the same mentality that drops the axe on senior technical staff in favor of inexperienced contractors. Sure, they see an initial savings of a few scores of thousands of dollars, but eventually they pay up when the inexperienced staff take orders of magnitude longer to resolve problems or come up with innovations or solutions. Win / win, AMIRIGHT? Budget guys get their pat on the back and quarterly monetary award, upper management is able to show their boss, grand boss, great grand boss, etc. how much money they ’saved’ but nobody seems to care that they’ve just put experienced, senior staff out on the street and quite likely into the caring arms of a competitor- anti-compete agreement be damned. They also don’t notice at first that their new staff can’t and won’t handle things with the same skill, efficiency or technical prowess that the team they replaced did.

yes because the standard consumer is so conditioned to need to pay rock bottom prices and not what It cost to produce goods without sweat shops and foreign made goods. Foreign manufactures being in the goods so much cheaper than USA goods because of these sweet shops.

So was our economy as a hole better when there was 50,000 grocery stores and mom and pop shops vs Amazon and Walmart? Instead of 100’s of family’s supporting their communities you know wen all your money to singular groups of people.

Why spend $5.00 at Tommy’s grocery store when I can spend 3$ at Walmart.

Speeder757

Reaction score
The Tundra TRD Pro has always had less equipment than the 1794 and Platinum. However it has always been been priced the same. The TRD Pro has always been based off of the Limited Trim. The 2022 TRD Pro will be a high 60K msrp truck which is exactly what the 1794 and Platinum Hybrid are also going to be.

party2309

Reaction score
I was also talking about the trd pro. A base tundra will start in the high $30k's I think and the base trd pro should start in the low $50's with a loaded trd pro being somewhere in the low to mid $60k's. Pricing is already out on most 2022 tundra models except for the trd pro with hybrid engine.

If a trd pro is starting in the mid $60k's then I agree with whoever said here that they will have a hard time selling them. I wouldn't buy one at that price point if that is the case. Raptor all day long at that point. But I think there will be a decent price point difference between a loaded tundra trd pro and raptor.

2022 1794 and platinum are 62k base. The 2021 1794, platinum and trd pro base were all within 1k difference between them. The 2022 trd pro will be more due to having the hybrid IMAX automatically in them. It will be closer to 65k guarantee it.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. The MSRP for the base 2022 Tundra Pro will be around $65k before options.

Status
Not open for further replies.