raptor vs. new tundra trd pro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
I

ironpeddler

Reaction score
the tundra will start in the low $50k's not $65k. You will be able to get a loaded tundra for $65k or a tad less.

BlueWhale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In response to OP @ironpeddler, I had considered both but for only for few seconds. I can’t stand the front grill facia of the Tundra. I suspect TRD even with 14+ wait time will have ADM but not as bad as Raptors. Don’t kill me on this forum folks, but nobody really NEEDS a raptor, a truck in it’s own class, jus like I don’t NEED a Ferrari. However, I really WANT a raptor, and i’m buying half on emotion other half I want the high performance truck as i will be doing Baja raptor runs. I don’t care to rock crawl, i want to go fast.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol you are so delusional man. Cars.com is a very well rounded unbiased source and your site had nothing to do with this discussion. Advertising from Toyota?? Really that is the dumbest statement I’ve heard this year.
The only delusional one here is the guy who is brainwashed enough to believe that a japanese pickup is somehow “American” simply because they assemble it here with low wage labor. The R&D is done in japan and the billions in profits go to japan. You call that “American”? Is the Tesla 3 now Chinese because they assemble them locally?

I provided data from a University that you clearly couldn’t comprehend; you quoted a commercial website that takes advertising dollars from Toyota and other manufacturers. That is not a legitimate source.

Last edited:

belacyrf

Reaction score
I was fully intent on buying the new Tundra. I love the rear window rolling down entirely. The reliability is far better and Tacomas are well known off-roaders. So Toyota has some cred for off-roading.

With that said, the pricing being rumored to be 70k+ for a well equipped TRD Pro was so close to Raptor pricing... it didn't make sense. So I ordered a Raptor. Far better resale value, and IMO there is no better looking truck. Just wish I had better colors to choose from.

OP
OP
I

ironpeddler

Reaction score
I’m talking about Trd pro. Not sure if your comment was from me or not.

I was also talking about the trd pro. A base tundra will start in the high $30k's I think and the base trd pro should start in the low $50's with a loaded trd pro being somewhere in the low to mid $60k's. Pricing is already out on most 2022 tundra models except for the trd pro with hybrid engine.

If a trd pro is starting in the mid $60k's then I agree with whoever said here that they will have a hard time selling them. I wouldn't buy one at that price point if that is the case. Raptor all day long at that point. But I think there will be a decent price point difference between a loaded tundra trd pro and raptor.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason why the computer chips are not made in the USA is the same reason nothing is made here. Everyone wants to save a dollar with no regard to its long term ramifications. Like I told my kids years ago. Why do I try to buy American. Because the families down the street benefit from it compared to families in a different country.

I thought this pandemic would wake American companies up and realize they cannot rely on other or countries for our survival but Americans have short term memory. We will just move on and bury our heads in the sand for a few dollar savings. Then the next global issue will come about and we will be crippled again.
Good news:

I’m expecting other US companies will do something similar.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the tundra will start in the low $50k's not $65k. You will be able to get a loaded tundra for $65k or a tad less.
These are the official 2022 Tundra MSRP numbers. The Tundra Pro will be priced above the 1794 Edition. The hybrid drivetrain is optional on the 1794, standard on the Pro trim. The Pro will be available in White, Black, Solar Octane and Lunar Rock. Tundra Pro MSRP and official EPA fuel mileage numbers will be revealed in the spring of 2022.

The TRD Pro is the top-of-the-line Tundra and it competes with the F-150 Tremor and Chevy Silverado Trail Boss. It is not considered a direct competitor to the F-150 Ford Raptor.

• Tundra SR (RWD/Double Cab/6.5-ft bed): $37,645
  • Tundra SR (4WD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $42,695
  • Tundra SR5 (RWD/Double Cab/6.5-ft bed): $42,450
  • Tundra SR5 (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $48,810
  • Tundra Limited (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $50,595
  • Tundra Limited (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $53,925
  • Tundra Platinum (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $58,685
  • Tundra Platinum (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $62,015
  • Tundra 1794 Edition (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $59,385
  • Tundra 1794 Edition (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $62,715
  • Tundra Pro Hybrid (4WD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): TBD

Last edited: