Raptor seems too high for city garage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m feeling tarded. I don’t often go where garage parking is necessary but I ***** the math and thought I needed 7.5 feet lol. I’ve parked in surface lots and walked further to avoid a 7 foot parking garage. Lol.

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6' 10" is my personal limit and I always ask valet if they are parking it in a garage before giving them the key.

Years ago in my friends Nissan Xterra we went into a parking garage with 4 passengers. When only two of us left in the vehicle, he hit his roof rack. So if you are going into tight garages, make sure you take cargo into account too.

Last edited:

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my new raptor and excited about it. Raptor's data shows 78.5'' height and the garage need to park has limit of 6'8''. It's only 1.5'' left but I think it should be fine.
Today I drove it to work. The truck just went through the height limit bar. But the antenna is too high and hit many pipes in the garage.
Anyone had similar issues? I live in Seattle and just started truck life. Before I never care about the height limit but now I'm very worried if there're garages that have lower limit that I can't even park.
I was plan to add some cool LED lights on the top but now I guess I can't do that:(
I use my radio antenna as a guide for public parking garages.
The truck height is 78.5” (6’ 61/2”).
So I have my antenna trimmed at 81”.
If my antenna hits then I ain't going in.
If my antenna passes then I have at least 2.5” of clearance. Proceed with caution. Watch out for those speed bumps within the parking garage as they will take away your clearance.

I think a 21” antenna will work if you dont want to cut your stock antenna.

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I bought my truck, I routinely parked in a garage at work marked 6'-8. Well, the bar in from of the garage was too low to clear on the first trip in with the Raptor. I had to back out, which made those behind me a bit unhappy. I look for 6-10 minimum.

RW17FX4

Reaction score
did a vinyl roof wrap on mine and was parking downtown earlier in the week. truck cleared the entrance beam of course but somewhere on the trip to the top of the garage the rear roof scraped by the 3rd brake light

FF59BE02-9E88-41E1-8D6E-E5A25FAB023A.jpeg

Refugio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did a vinyl roof wrap on mine and was parking downtown earlier in the week. truck cleared the entrance beam of course but somewhere on the trip to the top of the garage the rear roof scraped by the 3rd brake light

View attachment 135482
Ouch.
Seems like there should be some liability somehow since you cleared the entrance bar.
By how much did you clear the entrance bar.
So the entrance bar clearance excludes going to the upper floors?
That sucks

RW17FX4

Reaction score
i’ll always park at the top if the garage whenever possible, some of those garages are that tight it’s hard to maneuver a full size truck plus people door dinging and crashing into you. the truck cleared the entrance bar and cleared all beams by about 1” on the ride to the top, but somewhere things got tight lol. heard it but couldn't really stop with people in line behind me

OP
OP
S

Steve Arm

Reaction score
Thanks for all your kind replies. When I drove out of the garage at another entrance, my truck hit the bar:(. I looked at it, which marked as 6'6''. Luckily no scratch. Someone mentioned Seattle have a 7' limit, not sure about that. I park in Bellevue.
Anyway, I think I will need to be careful for the following years on this.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also cut my OEM antenna at 82” (Eibachs and 37’s) which is about 1” above my shark fin to use as a gauge for garages just in case but nothing lower than 6’10” for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try to utilize a garage with first level extended height/length vehicle parking wherever possible. Obviously basic knowledge, but they exist. Lucky I have access to one daily and the side benefit is first level easy in and out parking.