Raptor Security Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ok that black box thing is pretty sweet looking however it records internally right? if the vehicle is stolen is there a way to retrieve it via the internet?? and how is install is it drilling ??

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok that black box thing is pretty sweet looking however it records internally right? if the vehicle is stolen is there a way to retrieve it via the internet?? and how is install is it drilling ??

Yes, it records internally. The GPS logger records internally too. You would have to install a GPS tracking setup to find out where your vehicle is if stolen. As far as I know Ironman is the only one who has installed this and he said it took a few hours. Don't order yet, I'll crack mine open when I get it and see what the memory is. I am wiling to bed it is a micro SD card which means you could order the 2gb one then upgrade it yourself for much cheaper.

As for Warranty on cracking it open..
<----- :rofl:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Includes: Power Supply, 2GB SD Card, SD Card Reader with USB, Mounting Holder, Manual Booklet, Installation Manual, Wiring Harness/Material and PC Player Program
24 fps Recording
Records 60~80 minutes in 1GB SD card
Mouse Control (PS/2, Mouse not included)

i think your right this was from the website thanx man good idea

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Includes: Power Supply, 2GB SD Card, SD Card Reader with USB, Mounting Holder, Manual Booklet, Installation Manual, Wiring Harness/Material and PC Player Program
24 fps Recording
Records 60~80 minutes in 1GB SD card
Mouse Control (PS/2, Mouse not included)

i think your right this was from the website thanx man good idea

:rofl: I didn't read the entire site because I was sold on Ironman's review and video. My thinking though is that the 2gb cams have a different firmware in them that doesn't see anything above 2gb. The Lowrance GPS units are like that (Watched Conner @ Outlaw Raptor scurry around one night trying to find 2gb cards the night before a Raptor Run).

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah i think im going to be getting one when i get my truck due to work i have to at times park in not so nice areas of Brooklyn an on occasion the bronx......:flipthebird: ive routinely found marks that magicaly appeared i know this whont stop it but might help deter it or get a image or 2 who knows also great god forbid you have an accident an its the he said she said game .....then theres off roading this things got possibilities man lol

203kris

Reaction score
Anyone looking for more vehicle security might want to consider getting the Ford-licensed SmartAlert system. It's got a decently hefty price tag (~$700 I believe I paid, first year free with $249 a year annually after), but it's functions and peace of mind make it worth it.

SmartAlert from Inilex

It's basically a GPS tracking system with a few added bells and whistles. You access it through the internet, which with a smartphone just means as long as you have a signal. You can activate the tracking at any time to check the location of your vehicle (i.e. still in the mall parking lot), or active tracking as it's in movement (I followed my car on a Google Earth style map on my cell phone as the mechanics from the Ford dealership took it down the street and back after working on the brakes.

I don't use every feature of this system but two more that are great is the ability to receive text messages when your vehicle is started, and the ability to 'lock' your vehicle in place via the GPS. When you do this it doesn't matter if the vehicle is turned on or just moving (like someone winched it up on a flatbed and is driving off with it). If you have this feature turned on not only do you get a text that it's 'zone' has been violated but you'll get a phone call from an operator at the company asking if your vehicle is ok.

It also does speed alerts via texts and larger 'zone alerts' (like you set an alert if the vehicle goes *** miles from a certain location (useful for teen drivers I guess).

No security system is perfect but I feel much better leaving my truck in a random parking lot knowing that the worst likely thing a thief will get away with is a smash n' grab.

I also have the JimmyJammer kits as well so no one can punch in the locks.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this revised thread. I use a 16GB sd card in mine and it records forever it seems.
Mine is on ALL THE TIME and I love this thing. It would be very cool if it could upload the recordings to the internet if the truck was stolen but it would cost I'm sure an arm and leg an ear and everything else to buy.
For the price this works great.
Eazzydeal.com

I found this site that has a crap load of different styles.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw this revised thread. I use a 16GB sd card in mine and it records forever it seems.
Mine is on ALL THE TIME and I love this thing. It would be very cool if it could upload the recordings to the internet if the truck was stolen but it would cost I'm sure an arm and leg an ear and everything else to buy.
For the price this works great.
Eazzydeal.com

I found this site that has a crap load of different styles.

Do you still leave it on when the truck is off? My dad got me one of these and I'd love to leave it on all the time but I'm afraid it'll drain the battery.

OP
OP
IRONMAN

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Do you still leave it on when the truck is off? My dad got me one of these and I'd love to leave it on all the time but I'm afraid it'll drain the battery.

I leave it on night and day. sometimes if its just parked in my garage for the night I'll shut it off but 95% of the time it's on.
I've never had a problem with it draining my battery.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just got this one:

Car Camera with built in GPS Tracker | Dual Car Camera with inside and outside view plus GPS Tracker

I couldn't find the original one that ironman had. Seems like this is the newer model of it???

The ad is a little wrong, it actually came with a 4gb card not a 2 gb, and in the paperwork included it says its compatable up to 32gb not just 16gb.

So now I've got a new 4gb card for my phone, and ordered a 32 gb card off amazon for $29 shipped.

The instructions are pretty poor english, almost comical to read lol, but overall so far seems to be a solid product. Tested it out yesterday and the inside & outside cameras work great, the shock recording is pretty neat, showing X/Y/Z coordinate impacts. When you review the videos later, it will show you were impacts were. I hit some speedbumps in the staples parking lot, and when I watched the video it had it highlighted where the impacts were so I could quickly click that portion of the video.

Going to temorarily mount it today, then once i get my tint strip installed I'll permanently mount it up and hardwire it so the camera is just barely peeking below the tint strip.

oh most important thing! The discount code 10OFF worked for me, so it was only a tad over $300 shipped!