raptor school

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went july 25th and had a great time. Learned alot about what the truck can do and what not to do. somebody had rolled there withing the past few months after class. Went back out to the public geounds we rode during the day. Bad deal for someone. Wasnt fast off roading but a good base level 1 class. Instructors were cool and the day went buy fast. Drove 1300 miles one way to get there at 80 mph, 17.6 mpg. Good road trip

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you take any photos or videos? I've seen some footage of what goes on there and it definitely seems pretty damn legit. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I am sure they (Ford Performance) tells everyone about that "one time" someone flipped a truck. They most likely trying to scare everyone into behaving and following their rules making sure everyone takes it easy!

I was going to go in May but had other things come up which I had to cancel. Sure it is fun tho.

OP
OP
C

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep probably true, they didnt let us do the jumping or anything close that resembled anything of the sorts. The comfort inn is also a dump and messed up my reservation. Made 6 months out, dont stay there! holiday inn suites is down the road and a few minutes closer. Gave me same rate,

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Assault was fun, but they have completely neutered the "baja run" portion and should just get rid of it. The real story about the guy that flipped is that he did it literally from a stop. Freak accident. Not like he was bombing the truck at 80mph and lost it like instructors want you to believe. They are at the mercy of Ford's lawyers so it is what it is.

They give you a usb key with hundreds of pictures on it for free so there are bound to be some of you in the truck in there (a photographer on a moto follows the group around) and the person you are paired with can take some.

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Assault was fun, but they have completely neutered the "baja run" portion and should just get rid of it. The real story about the guy that flipped is that he did it literally from a stop. Freak accident. Not like he was bombing the truck at 80mph and lost it like instructors want you to believe. They are at the mercy of Ford's lawyers so it is what it is.

They give you a usb key with hundreds of pictures on it for free so there are bound to be some of you in the truck in there (a photographer on a moto follows the group around) and the person you are paired with can take some.

How do you flip a Raptor from a stop?

Attachments

• 7B43A932-D8E2-4D9C-ABBE-AFCB7B9B06EB.jpeg
    7B43A932-D8E2-4D9C-ABBE-AFCB7B9B06EB.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 26

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

100x this. Much rather a few more short circuit laps.

The guy is a friend of mine. He stopped right before a trench/gully, and didn't realize his pedal commander was maxed out. He slipped and barely tapped the throttle, which of course the truck took as full throttle, which spun the rear around and hit the ditch, causing the rollover.

Thankfully, he's got a new truck covered by insurance, tho they did drop him afterwards, understandably. He ran at the local course last week with no issues, keeping up with Gen 1s with 3.0 Icons.

There's a reason Ford utilizes the whole pedal travel, especially offroad (notice baja mode makes it linear).

OP
OP
C

cain072567

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang

why couldnt they just warn us about the peddle commander then!! lol Thanks and glad he got a new truck at least!