Raptor Run 7 - Sat April 16, 2011 - Anza-Borrego Desert State Park & Ocotillo Wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinkin the same thing Will. I'm not tryin to play Monday mornin quarterback... but yikes. Glad everyone made it out in good shape.

PS: No wonder you got stuck Conner... WTF's up with heading into the wild on bald tires?!
IMG_3770.jpg
:wink:

PPS: Thanks for the writeup Dan. Great job!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please tell me the rabbit made it in that for some tasty goodness.

MagicMtnDan said:
Hard top LJ and JK = dumb. Jeeps aren't meant to have roofs.
That is a very dangerous way to attach a tow strap!! You can yank the ball right off which then becomes a projectile!! A receiver shackle or other tow point should be used instead!!

But its got thread locker on there and its welded so it will never break !1!1!1!1!1!1!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up and photos. This looks like the mud at Hollister hills- black gooey & smells like Sh#@ mud. Also looks like somene needs some recovery points added to his front bumper.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinkin the same thing Will. I'm not tryin to play Monday mornin quarterback... but yikes. Glad everyone made it out in good shape.

PS: No wonder you got stuck Conner... WTF's up with heading into the wild on bald tires?!
IMG_3770.jpg
:wink:

PPS: Thanks for the writeup Dan. Great job!

Funny. Conner's tires were actually the most aggressive tread on any of the 4 Raptors and that sticky ****-smelling muck made them look like Italian racing tires (Baldinis) :D

Here's the before picture:

IMG_3754.jpg