RAPTOR "R" Package coming soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GT3_Bill

Reaction score
Dating back to when they were actually using em in a lot of vehicles - Explorer, expedition, F150, mustang, crown vic, etc. Well......its quite literally not worth discussing the merits of those engines vs. their competition from Toyota, Dodge, & ESPECIALLY GM

Fast forward a decade or two, Ford themselves has limited interest/confidence in their V8 platform or they wouldn't have dropped it from pretty much everything, opted not to use it in their supercar despite having one previously, opted not to use it in their halo truck despite having one previously, opted not to put it in a SINGLE damn luxury vehicle, period, regardless of size, weight, or price tag. Why wouldn't they stick the coyote in the Expedition/Navigator? There's a reason (hint -its not because the 5.0 is "too good" for those SUVs lol)

I'm done beating this dead horse. Ford has spoken for me.
There are so many inaccuracies in this post, I almost feel bad if you actually believe them. The FGT being the most egregious reasoning.

But whatever makes you feel better.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are so many inaccuracies in this post, I almost feel bad if you actually believe them. The FGT being the most egregious reasoning.

But whatever makes you feel better.

I know the Ford GT has other reasons behind it for having the 3.5....packaging/aero one of em, showcasing EB tech another etc

So funny- on my 2nd $70k Ford product, but yeah I think their V8 engines are sub par- doesn’t mean I think their engineering is in entirety.

I had no interest in the raptor or F150 really until the 2nd Gen EB motors came out

I’d love a Mustang w/ same engine as my raptor actually. All set w/ coyote

wouldn’t mind a GT500 tho- esp w/ carbon wheels & I think the DCT is badass

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, will it be the 5.2 or the 7.3 though.

Ford may just do an 800+ HP 7.3 to shut down Ram once and for all. Maybe they deliver the KO punch and be done with it.
I would rather see 800 hp out of a powerboost (hybrid) platform from the 5.2, don't care if it tacks on another 500 lbs of weight with batteries, bring it on!!

OP
OP
richnot

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a HP war just like in the muscle cars. Mustang, Camaro, Challenger/charger. I don't believe that people who want the high HP engines are the ones really worried about fuel economy, In my opinion is the "get up and go" that matters the most. Powernation had a comparison between a Ford F150 V6 with 100k mi on it and the Dodge was the V10.
When put on the dyno for the first time both put down some decent numbers in stock form, with both trucks modified on the dyno the F150 V-6 managed to pull 415 hp with a tune in it. not too bad for a truck with over 100k in miles on the clock and the Dodge pulled a 473 with a retune

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A little more tweaking with the exhaust sound and that v6 will sound like a v8, it's so close now, but just needs a little more piped in music!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter