Raptor r in desert video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't understand how we can say that the ecoboost is too slow, also, in mode sport, the power come instantly, there is no lag...For a daily it's much more than necessary. Ok , if you want to race to Le mans, it could be just ^^

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't understand how we can say that the ecoboost is too slow, also, in mode sport, the power come instantly, there is no lag...For a daily it's much more than necessary. Ok , if you want to race to Le mans, it could be just ^^
Boils down to perspective prior to driving the raptor.

A former “35’s and a lift kit” person who is used to a reduction in effective heating by going to the bigger tires should be blown away at how fast the raptor is on “35’s”. A person coming from a “sports car” back ground, who bought the raptor because it is a performance truck might be disappointed, because in their mind it seems slow.

Personal opinion here, but similar to a vehicle alignment where it is harder to notice the truck is out of alignment but where a car, closer to the ground, you would be more likely to notice. Speed would be the same.

Second personal opinion, passengers never seemed to think my previous truck (gen 1 ecoboost FX4) was fast. I chalked it up to flat torque curve and them not being able to see the speedometer. I would pull a grade to get on the interstate from basically 10mph to 70mph and it was fairly steep, so most vehicles struggle to get going there, my truck did not even when loaded down with passengers.

People do not feel speed, they feel acceleration, and a flat torque curve probably results in a more linear acceleration. So they get used to how it feels, as far as how hard they are pushed into the seat, and then they can compensate. This gives them a false sense of speed.

Couple the above with no visual reference at how quick we got from speed 1 to speed 2 and the ride just seems normal. Note that I didn’t do a boosted launch or anything, just rolled into it 10ish and let off when we got to interstate speed, but that is pretty significant given how long/steep the grade is and a slower vehicle would really struggle.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I moved some money a while back for this occasion . Now with looming Recession it may not have a ADM or it will sell under MSRP . By next summer or fall . We will see when the Fit hits the Shan . If its bad , what they saying it will be , deals will be had .
I doubt it, no deals.

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that the R is coming and it's more powerful than the TRX and it performs in the desert and at Starbucks, can you please tell the TRX owners on your other forum that they can hide behind their couch's and stay at "their" house as there is no need for them to come over here and shi-talk the raptor forum and brag aboout how they traded in their Raptor for a TRX. Thanks from all the "FANBOYS" at the best forum on planet Earth. :hidesbehindsofa: :hidesbehindsofa:
Offered 12000 off a new TRX

cplreyes

Reaction score
Price gouging typically on happens over a short period of time when supply is low and demand high. It's also typically done just by a single or handle of sellers. If it's industry wide, that would mean that all the companies would need to collude to keep the price high. If Exxon for example, decided they were just going to charge 'normal' prices and patriciate in the pricing gouging scheme, then they would get a ton of business and customer good will by doing so....which is exactly why competition and capitalism works well for consumers.
Only heavy regulated capitalism can work well for customers and not all sectors are right for capitalism. Regulated capitalism is not capitalism and even heavy regulated capitalism will always be a disaster in certain sectors, case in point, higher education costs, college loans, housing prices, healthcare prices, etc.

cplreyes

Reaction score
Again, the difference, for those that are interested and not into fear mongering, lol:

- In economics, inflation is a general increase in the prices of goods and services in an economy. When the general price level rises, each unit of currency buys fewer goods and services; consequently, inflation corresponds to a reduction in the purchasing power of money.

- A recession is a significant decline in economic activity, lasting more than a few months. There's a drop in the following five economic indicators: real gross domestic product, income, employment, manufacturing, and retail sales.
I bet my raptor that 99% of people here don’t know how to interpret this. Just saying. The first part does speak to the ongoing struggle of our government saving capitalists from themselves.