Raptor Powered 2019 Limited...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Kurt and I just purchased a 2019 F-150 Limited. I joined this forum because my truck has the engine and exhaust system of the Raptor and so was looking for information on tunes and updated exhaust systems. I figured the Raptor crowd would be a good place to be able to research and see how you work on your engines. I am ditching the 22's and have sourced 2019 Raptor Beadlock wheels to go on shortly.

View attachment 344965

I do have a question about the Beadlocks. I picked 4 of these wheels up a few days ago.

View attachment 344966

I have one big question. Can I buy the Ford Beadlock Ring and use it as a beauty ring? I like the look of the real Beadlock Ring better than the standard beauty ring. I worry the real beadlock ring needs to clamp the rubber tire to fully work. I wonder in the Beadlock ring would seat on the wheel without the tire and would the bolts be too long. Anyone try this?

I think this looks a lot better:
View attachment 344967
Are those rims a bluish color ? Or maybe the lighting..lol

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the OEM limited tires are 31.8 around so the 34.8 is a much taller tire. It will be simple to see what happens

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Good looking truck, Please post pictures and update after you throw the OEM Raptor wheels on. I am 50/50 regarding if they will fit. You made need some kind of lift or leveling kit. If they fit and work the truck will look awesome. I don't dig the 22's with so little tire, the Raptor wheels if they fit will definitely improve the ride.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahhh how are they gonna fit w/o a lift?

Not just the tire but the 17" wheel diamater might be too small for the breaks and other stuff that essentially fit inside the wheel. I took off my wheels/tires and put them on my son's '16' platimun, and we ran into this issue. It fit, but barely. Ended up taking them off for 20" wheels about 3 months later.

The limited may not be an issue, but the point is that if the vehicle was designed for bigger wheels from the factory, you may not be able to downsize your wheel.

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking on going with the 17" wheels but not the full Raptor 35" tires. I am thinking of going with a 33" tire, maybe a 285/70/17 or maybe a 285/75/17. Thanks for all nice comments. After further research I will not be going with the true beadlock. I think I want to sell the current wheels and get a set of the 2022 Raptor wheels. Anyone with a 2022 that wants to trade? LOL.

OP
OP
Kurtj29

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I kept looking at upgrading the Limited. Doing a lift, putting 35" tires. I even played around with adding a torsen front diff. Then it hit me. Just go get a F'ing Raptor. So I checked used prices and they have come way down since the summer. Got a pretty good deal on this immaculate trade in. So... I just decided to get the Raptor.

Not sure why I just did not get this originally... Well, they were asking $15K over original MSRP so that why. I got this for about $8K under original MSRP which is still expensive but at least I don't feel like I am getting taken to the cleaners.

Raptor Dec 20 snow.jpg

Last edited:

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I kept looking at upgrading the Limited. Doing a lift, putting 35" tires. I even played around with adding a torsen front diff. Then it hit me. Just go get a F'ing Raptor. So I checked used prices and they have come way down since the summer. Got a pretty good deal on this immaculate trade in. So... I just decided to get the Raptor.

Not sure why I just did not get this originally... Well, they were asking $15K over original MSRP so that why. I got this for about $8K under original MSRP which is still expensive but at least I don't feel like I am getting taken to the cleaners.

View attachment 386125
Great decision!! Congrats