Raptor Powered 2019 Limited...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, my name is Kurt and I just purchased a 2019 F-150 Limited. I joined this forum because my truck has the engine and exhaust system of the Raptor and so was looking for information on tunes and updated exhaust systems. I figured the Raptor crowd would be a good place to be able to research and see how you work on your engines. I am ditching the 22's and have sourced 2019 Raptor Beadlock wheels to go on shortly.

FordF150-3157.jpg

I do have a question about the Beadlocks. I picked 4 of these wheels up a few days ago.

IMG_3207.jpeg

I have one big question. Can I buy the Ford Beadlock Ring and use it as a beauty ring? I like the look of the real Beadlock Ring better than the standard beauty ring. I worry the real beadlock ring needs to clamp the rubber tire to fully work. I wonder in the Beadlock ring would seat on the wheel without the tire and would the bolts be too long. Anyone try this?

I think this looks a lot better:
B5A06151-8DBE-4BBE-B1EF-39FF0A69EAD3_1_201_a.jpeg

EccentricRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D Interesting combo - Limited F-150 with Raptor components. Unfortunately, I'm one of the less mechanically inclined members - but I'm sure others will have more useful comments :) Beautiful truck!

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the Limited’s had the same exhaust.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Limited has a different (quieter) muffler than the Raptor.

I don't think there's a way to run the actual beadlock ring (not the beauty ring) without actually mounting it. Then you're not street legal, thanks DOT :rolleyes:

Common recommendations:
Tune: Goosetune. There's no better option. Winfield unlocks so much power for these trucks and has options if you want to go stage 1, stage 2 w/ upgraded IC, or go the ethanol route. Search this forum for 100+ pages of great information and experiences.
Exhaust: hit and miss for sure. Guys have tried damn near everything to get the truck sounding better. I personally have the AWE 2FG which I think is a pretty good solution. I've heard the Borla in person and wasn't impressed. My $.02.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Limited has an arguably better exhaust then the Raptor, to go along with the same engine.

I’m very interested in seeing the Raptor wheels on your Limited. It’s a very good looking truck. The Raptor 17’s will definitely improve the ride over the 22’s.

Rep732

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think for years 19 and 20, the Limited was available with the 3.5L HO as an option.
Makes sense. I asked as I was under the impression the raptor engine and the gt engine were similar, but makes better sense seeing the same engines used just tweaked for the high performance platforms. Thanks for the info!