Raptor pick up today - Small parts bag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnsbruce

Reaction score
Picked up my Raptor today - what a great truck. Played Paranoid by Black Sabbath as first song and was thankful for traction control as I got into it a little deep pulling out of the parking lot. Average mpg so far 9 ;)

My question - I found this little bag of electrical components in the door storage compartment - AL3T-15A416-AA there is a pinkish fuse looking piece and what looks like might be a relay that says "Hi Power" on it - does anyone know what these are for?

Thanks!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only thing that I had in my glove box was some stuff dealing with the rearview camera.

Searching on Google says this:

One is the brake controller connection and the other is the relay that activates your trucks ability to charge the trailer battery. It installs in the power distribution center. Mine was located inside the right hand side pannel of the cab. Previously they were located under the hood but I have no idea WHERE they are in the 2010 models.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
it's a relay for the trailer battery connection i think? or something to do with the trailer brake controller...

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! Come down the BBQ tomorrow if you have the time.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the plug in cords for a block heater.

**** off, I wanted a block heater. Shit-ass Ford and not letting me choose if I wanted one or not. I mean, shit! It get's cold in other states aside from those they think!

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**** off, I wanted a block heater. Shit-ass Ford and not letting me choose if I wanted one or not. I mean, shit! It get's cold in other states aside from those they think!

I didn't even order it. It just came with my truck Must be a South Dakota thing.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
The only thing that I had in my glove box was some stuff dealing with the rearview camera.

Searching on Google says this:

One is the brake controller connection and the other is the relay that activates your trucks ability to charge the trailer battery. It installs in the power distribution center. Mine was located inside the right hand side pannel of the cab. Previously they were located under the hood but I have no idea WHERE they are in the 2010 models.

I got a couple bags of things as well and shelved them in August figuring I'd get to it later. When Swoop mentioned camera i just checked and I have a camera part which may help solve my issue!
Then I find, taped to the back of the unused front licence plate bag, a block heater cord..:rolleyes:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know... There was RUMOR that EVERY 6.2L Raptor in 2010 had the block heater installed, just not wired up or had the cord included. I wonder if we can break it down as to where it is and I can look for mine.

If all I need is the cord, well then...