10R80 issues - P0C29

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
I love this truck. HATE this transmission. When its good, its great, but thats not very often.
Used to hang and bang into gear when cold, thats subsided after a couple fluid changes (not flush), but still flares a bit in some gears (2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 9-10 is bad). Lately the most concerning thing is 3rd gear slipping. Seems if I'm in 3rd getting on the highway, give it more than half throttle, it slips, goes to redline, hunts around gears, until it drops into 5th, and then I'm able to continue. This makes merging onto busy highways really not fun. No codes on my Accessport, but hooked up Forscan today, and have DTC P0C29 set. Search says this is the Aux trans fluid pump which is for auto start/stop. I have auto start/stop disabled - could this be related to my issue? Or am I looking at valve body/CDF problems? TCM has @GooseTuned tune. Will work on getting a video this afternoon.

VIDEO

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have had auto stop start disabled since I upgrade the stereo back in .... 2019? Have never seen this code (or had these symptoms).

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
@GooseTuned I know it’s in range but I’ve never seen it run that hot just driving around, even driving like that. Going to check fluids tomorrow. Trying to determine valve body vs cdf, haven’t been successful in finding symptoms for valve body failure. I can occasionally hear a loud click on shifting which is making me thing valve body

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
several oil change for how many miles ? Are you sure about quantity and type of fluid you put in !
To do a serious trans fluid flush, follow this:
I admit we need a special engenering formation to read correctly the dipstick :happy175:

OP
OP
NorCal Offroad

NorCal Offroad

Reaction score
Changed the pan/filter and refilled at 78k. Fluid was black. Changed it again at about 81k because obviously I didn’t get everything out just by draining and filling. This improved the shifting a lot, but still not perfect and now having new, different issues. Using Valvoline ULV. @FordTechOne says don’t flush the trans.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Subscribed.

My goal in the future is to do a full trans kit rebuild and then go Goosed.

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Changed the pan/filter and refilled at 78k. Fluid was black. Changed it again at about 81k because obviously I didn’t get everything out just by draining and filling. This improved the shifting a lot, but still not perfect and now having new, different issues. Using Valvoline ULV. @FordTechOne says don’t flush the trans.
Shoot me an email in our tuning thread please