Raptor Owners stick together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OriginalToken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have can all that, albeit with less fun for less than half the price.

Come on man. Cool truck and all. But nothing about this truck is practical or needed.

Want practical, get an stx with hand crank windows.

Having said that. I realize what this truck is, and what it isn't. And I'm cool with all that.

I recognize what you are saying in the last sentence, but as for the statement that the Raptor is not practical, I don't agree.

With regards to an STX with hand crank windows, then the ride will not be as good, the comfort level will not be as good, you will have saved a minor amount of gas, and been able to park in a marginally smaller parking place. And I would still have to have a vehicle to scratch other itches. meaning I saved nothing.

While certainly not necessary, I do not think the Raptor is impractical at all. I drive it more than any other vehicle we own. I treat it like a big sports car, a station wagon, a luxury cruiser, a short bed truck, and an off road tool, all rolled up in one, and it does all those rolls more than passingly well. Could I, do I, own things that does any of those specific tasks better? You bet. But nothing else I own, or have driven, does them all as well combined. Yes, occasionally I park a little further away than I would in other vehicles, but that is the only concession I make to driving the Raptor over anything else.

As for the OPs question of waving, I don't wave specifically at Raptor drivers, but around here it is not uncommon to wave at anyone you see when not on a highway. I don't typically initiate any wave, but anyone who waves at me with more than one finger on a hand gets a wave back.

T!

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gas mileage and the size for parking some places. But who cares about that if you own one.

It’s not all that different from 1/2 based SUV’s (which are a dime/dozen in suburbia USA) when it comes to MPG and parking space. If soccer moms can fill up and park Suburbans and Expeditions, I don’t think it’s that impractical for us Raptor guys.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have can all that, albeit with less fun for less than half the price.

Come on man. Cool truck and all. But nothing about this truck is practical or needed.

Want practical, get an stx with hand crank windows.

Having said that. I realize what this truck is, and what it isn't. And I'm cool with all that.

I disagree with you there, but that’s ok.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s not all that different from 1/2 based SUV’s (which are a dime/dozen in suburbia USA) when it comes to MPG and parking space. If soccer moms can fill up and park Suburbans and Expeditions, I don’t think it’s that impractical for us Raptor guys.
When you compare a raptor to those vehicles, absolutely, but if you compare to @911 Crazy new Prius, probably a bit different in gas mileage.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ok. the raptor isn't exactly impractical.

there are just more practical vehicles out there.

we are all correct on this one.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
meh...it is just a truck man. don't get me wrong...i love my truck....but "bad ass" is pushing it a little.

I disagree. What other truck comes ready to do what the Raptor can? I think that qualifies as “bad ass”. Maybe the TRX will one up the Raptor, but it’s not out yet.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. What other truck comes ready to do what the Raptor can? I think that qualifies as “bad ass”. Maybe the TRX will one up the Raptor, but it’s not out yet.

lol...i hear you...i guess I am just getting old. 48 and ready to retire. I just don't care about impressing others as much as I used to. I buy things for me to enjoy.