Raptor Owners stick together

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarthKickA55

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the Corvette world there is something known as the "Corvette Wave" where most owners wave when passing or being passed when they see another Corvette. It is a familiar courtesy that is a byproduct of owning a high-performing American Muscle car. It makes you feel part of an unspoken club.

I am not familiar if there is something similar with the Raptor but today while on my way back from East Tennessee a white GEN2 caught up to me while behind a snail-race of two SEMI's doing 71 and 70MPH respectively.

After the snail-race was won, surprisingly he stuck to my tail for the next 100 or so miles. We were passing and getting passed, running about 77-83MPH when Waze + my ****** 360c told me it was safe. He never passed me, never got impatient, even blocked a few ******** trying to squeeze in on the right hand side while stuck behind more snail-races (you know the smaller cars that dart in between you and the person in front of you only to wait it out just like you have to do). He was a true drive-buddy.

He got off when I had about 20 miles left to our exit and I slowed a little to say hello and he had a smile on, I had a smile on, my passenger had a smile on, and we waved at each other and it felt good. Seeing a white Raptor behind me for 75-80 minutes was a nice way to spend some time on the road (white with the hood graphics look really sick esp. in the mirror.) I needed it due to being over-served (ahem) the night before while entertaining customers.

Could this phenomenon be known as the "Raptor Ride" or was this a one time thing?

P.S. if you were on I-40 today from the Plateau to HWY 109 in a white Raptor behind my Leadfoot - I like your style man, roll on.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought the jeep people were **** with their wave, but some form of acknowledgement is appropriate. Perhaps bumping him before passing? I'm very new to having a Raptor and have only done 400 miles in mine so far and didn't see another one on the trip, but my truck did say "I like men" on the hood for that run from Albuquerque to Flagstaff on I-40.

7FF66FAF-7B64-44CE-AA03-6EF9D0F1E706.jpeg

Last edited:

fueler

Reaction score
Well, seeing that in any rear view mirror backwards or forwards for the lead car would be a little scary for most people. But you rocked it!