raptor or gt500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn you Trolls, why did you have to go and post that? Now I have to start saving my pop cans to get one of those beasts.

I have been really feeling the new mustang fever last couple days even drove a new gt and a camaro yesterday. Well I was looking on stangsunited.com and VaporDude aka Raptor62 posted up that link on there. I wont be buying 2012 now. I'll be saving my pop cans too.

Darkside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both and they are different types of fun. When I feel the need to drop the hammer on a ricer all I need to do is drive the GT500 and some tool will come looking for trouble.

The Raptor just begs to be taken off road and run hard. It does however get a lot of looks on the road as it is currently my DD.

OP
OP
P

pj_singh1994

Reaction score
Thanks Raptizzle and do you know anywhere that has an oxford white raptor with 4 doors and fully loaded in stock around our area? I've seen plenty of other colors but I'm having trouble finding a white one and waiting about 8 weeks for one to be made would be horrible hahaha

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Raptizzle and do you know anywhere that has an oxford white raptor with 4 doors and fully loaded in stock around our area? I've seen plenty of other colors but I'm having trouble finding a white one and waiting about 8 weeks for one to be made would be horrible hahaha

I have a loaded Silver Crew Cab available, but NO white 4-door crews.

I do have a White Super Cab due in next week.
===================
F150 4X4 RAPTOR SUPERCAB 133" 41550 00
2011 MODEL YEAR
YZ OXFORD WHITE
7B BLACK INTERIOR W/BLACK SEATS
PREFERRED EQUIPMENT PKG.517A
.XLT SERIES
.SVT RAPTOR
64S .17" MACH ALUM W/PAINT/MACHINE
996 6.2L 2V EFI V8 ENGINE
446 ELECTRONIC 6-SPD AUTO
T7R .LT315/70R17 BSW ALL-TERRAIN
.4.10 ELECTRONIC LOCK RR AXLE
SELECT SHIFT TRANSMISSION
STANDARD FUEL TANK
JOB #2 ORDER
7000# GVWR PACKAGE
425 50 STATE EMISSIONS NC
43M POWER MOONROOF 995 00
55L LUXURY PACKAGE 2190 00

.POWER ADJUSTABLE PEDALS
.BODY CL PWR FLD HTD SIGNL MIR
.REMOTE START SYSTEM
.PWR DRIVER & PASSENGER SEAT
.HEATED FRONT SEATS
ELECTRONIC AUTO TEMP CONTROL
58N SONY NAVIGATION RADIO 2495 00
61R RAPTOR PLUS PACKAGE 595 00

.TRAILER BRAKE CONTROLLER
.REAR VIEW CAMERA
63E PICKUP BED EXTENDER 250 00
63T TAILGATE STEP 375 00

TOTAL OPTIONS 6900 00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS 48450 00
DESTINATION & DELIVERY 975 00
_________
TOTAL FOR VEHICLE 49425 00 -$3000 OFF

randy

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
While its no GT500, I am selling my Charger SRT8 and getting a Raptor. I look at it this way, to have fun in my car I need to break the law. In the Raptor, I can head off road at a lot of areas in east county San Diego. Or, just make a day or weekend of Ocatillo Wells and Anza Borrego an hour and a half a way. Then theres the utilitarian factor of the Raptor. I didn't realize how much I use a truck until I traded my Tacoma in six months ago for my wife's car.

Well put RallyBud - to have over 400hp in a vehicle, it's mostly illegal for the street. But if you can find a place to wheel, then you can use every ounce of power when needed.
Having a Raptor hasnt stopped me from tearing up the pavement now and then - but I try to be conservative some of the time.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well put RallyBud - to have over 400hp in a vehicle, it's mostly illegal for the street. But if you can find a place to wheel, then you can use every ounce of power when needed.
Having a Raptor hasnt stopped me from tearing up the pavement now and then - but I try to be conservative some of the time.

X2, I find myself in far less situations where I feel like I'm going to get in trouble stretchin the Raptor out. The fun times in any of my mustangs always meant taking the risk.

The Raptor is much more practical, where as my stang's always had limits.

OP
OP
P

pj_singh1994

Reaction score
I love the sound of an engine so how loud and beasty does the raptor sound when starting up, reving, and taking off. I've seen videos but i'd rather hear it from people with experience

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not bad for factory. Just extra loud enough to let you know its there, but not driving down the hwy irritating-loud. But with that said, it wasn't loud enough for me. I replaced mine with a Magnaflow.