raptor or gt500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 2013 GT500 is going to be a beast. I have heard that it is a white knuckle expereince when you mash the pedal to the floor. I am sure it will be produced because there are several engines laying around in Romeo.

But to answer your question, I would get the Raptor first then wait for the 2013 GT500. That is going to be one beast of a car.

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That 2013 GT500 is going to be a beast. I have heard that it is a white knuckle expereince when you mash the pedal to the floor. I am sure it will be produced because there are several engines laying around in Romeo.

But to answer your question, I would get the Raptor first then wait for the 2013 GT500. That is going to be one beast of a car.

Thanks by the way for posting up that link. I will have to start a new savings account for that one now.

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks by the way for posting up that link. I will have to start a new savings account for that one now.

Not a problem, at least it gives you a little more than a year to save for it. I am sure that the price will be around the $60K for it.

oliver1539

Reaction score
I would say both. Mainly because they are two different beast for two different purposes. I currently have a GT500 with a Raptor on order. I personally could not be without a 4WD vehicle so I would say the Raptor first if I had to choose. But then definitely the GT500 next.

I must agree! I have both and they really shine in their own ways. I've had the Shelby now for about two years and performed a few mods to bumb the performance level. We changed the gearing to 373, added the L&M 66MM TB, JLT CAI, Jon lund custom tune,diablosport mas mafia,Kenne Bell dual BAP along with the Whipple 2.9 blower with smaller pulley. The car runs great and is a blast to drive! The car is not a dd, we only drive it on nice days or to local car shows. I love the Shelby and could not be happier with the 800hp beast, However, after purchasing the Raptor three weeks ago I've found a new love. I traded a 06 Taco 4x4 TRD offroad for the Raptor and could not believe the difference in ride,comfort and overall quality! The Raptor is practical for everyday driving and gets as many/more looks than the Shelby. My wife drives it to work everyday and loves it (I have a work car),it's really scary the attention she gets!!
If I had to sell one it would be the Shelby, I love the car and there's nothing like roasting the tires in third gear. The Raptor on the other hand is great for all types of weather, it's so comfortable and I love all the luxury add ons. I could not function with out a (now this) truck, seems like I'm always using it for something.....:waytogo:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Posting a question like this is like asking if you should buy a plane or a boat? Do you like flying? or do you like floating? Which do you like more?

Same applies here with one caveat- I have both, and the Raptor is SOOOO much better for daily driving. So the real question is- do you want the best truck ever made, or a really great muscle car?

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Posting a question like this is like asking if you should buy a plane or a boat? Do you like flying? or do you like floating? Which do you like more?

Same applies here with one caveat- I have both, and the Raptor is SOOOO much better for daily driving. So the real question is- do you want the best truck ever made, or a really great muscle car?

For folks that are lucky enough to have both....the above statement sums it up perfectly. Apples/Oranges. :peace: