Raptor Makes the "Dirty Dozen"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard the older Civics got far worse gas mileage than advertised. Mine's a 2010 and I get 38 to 40 with a very heavy foot. The car was cheap (about 21k) and I had to do something because I was filling up my Acura MDX almost three times a week at 60 bucks a pop! As long as it's as dependable as the other Hondas I've owned (3 new MDXs in the past 10 years) I'll be happy. I don't care about fit and finish so much, hell, I don't even wash the thing!

An Acura MDX three times a week? That sucks. You do know Acura and Honda are the same right? Just like Chevy and GMC, Toyota and Lexus, Ford and Lincoln. Hell we only filled the Tahoe up mabey twice a week when we drove it on the weekend. Oh course it had a huge tank like my Raptor does. That MDX sounds like my Wrangler 4.0. When I drive it it takes it least two tanks a week. I also work 25 minutes one way from work not counting driving around.

Last edited:

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
An Acura MDX three times a week? That sucks. You do know Acura and Honda are the same right? Just like Chevy and GMC, Toyota and Lexus, Ford and Lincoln. Hell we only filled the Tahoe up mabey twice a week when we drove it on the weekend. Oh course it had a huge tank like my Raptor does. That MDX sounds like my Wrangler 4.0. When I drive it it takes it least two tanks a week. I also work 25 minutes one way from work not counting driving around.

I know about the brands (it's why I bought the Honda). The MDX has a six cylinder but it's still a hog - I'd be lucky to get 17 mpg on the highway. Plus, you have to put premium in it.

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea my wife's Honda Pilot has the same motor and it gets pretty nasty mileage (16). Our Mazda (Ford) Tribute gets 30+ MPG and has pretty good pickup as well.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I actually like Honda quite a bit (favorite Japanese brand)...but that 3.5L? V6 seems to stink MPG-wise when put in a heavier vehicle. I've heard of some people getting Raptor-type numbers out of year 200__ Odyssey minivans, while other people with the same van get close to the advertised item. Forget where I saw that but I think it was on an autoblog-type site linked to some massive discussion thread of angry Odyssey owners.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I actually like Honda quite a bit (favorite Japanese brand)...but that 3.5L? V6 seems to stink MPG-wise when put in a heavier vehicle. I've heard of some people getting Raptor-type numbers out of year 200__ Odyssey minivans, while other people with the same van get close to the advertised item. Forget where I saw that but I think it was on an autoblog-type site linked to some massive discussion thread of angry Odyssey owners.

I've had 6 Honda's, 2 of which were Odysseys. My 2000 Odyssey avg mpg was 19.5 over 130K miles and my 2005 avg mpg was 21 over 100K miles. Great people movers and for anyone with little kids. My favorite Honda was my '94 Accord EX 5 spd. I put 245K trouble free miles on that car.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know about the brands (it's why I bought the Honda). The MDX has a six cylinder but it's still a hog - I'd be lucky to get 17 mpg on the highway. Plus, you have to put premium in it.

Well the 4.0 in the Wrangler is a straight six and I know all about the premium fuel deal cause my wifes Porsche uses it. At least her Porsche 986S 3.2 averages about 22mpg as long as you stay out of the pedal. It all comes down to how you drive some cars. For now my Raptor is averaging about 16-17 back and forth to work just driving normal.