Raptor is terrible!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so maybe this is a bit stirring the pot but I honestly think Ford has made a hunk of junk. Issues since purchased new '18:
1. Cam phaser repair #1
2. Cam phaser solenoid replacement
3. Cam phaser repair #2
4. Sunroof replacement
5. Rear door handle falling off
6. Front interior door panel loose
7. Gray paint trim chipping everywhere. Also generally poor quality/coverage trim paint on interior
8. Rear camera failure
9. Aluminum body is basically a soda can. Dont sneeze on it or it dents. Poor quality exterior paint.
10. Terrible interior insulation. Loud road noise in comparison to Trx
11. Horrible rear a/c circulation. Rear passengers always complain
12. The transmission is a joke.
13. Horn went out.
14. Noisy front hub, replaced
15. Solenoid sensor failure
16. Door weather stripping falling off
17. Glove box doesn't close properly
18. Rear seatbelt mechanism failure, replaced
19. Stupid but annoying, the radio changes sources randomly. So sometimes when I start it will be on am or fm even though I always leave it on xm
20. Infotainment unit has frozen about 2 dozen times when driving. Have to do the force restart.
21. One more. The dealership experience.

At least they command a premium on the used market!
That sucks man . . . luck of the draw I guess. I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. Zero issues with the exception of the cam phasers. Which was fixed under warranty and honestly was not a big deal AT ALL and doesn't affect performance anyway. My 2018 is rock solid and I have zero regrets or complaints at all.

Diesel71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you joined a year ago and one of your only 10 posts is nothing but run on list of BS complaints. You list includes “the transmission is a joke” and you claim “horrible rear A/C circulation”, which doesn’t even make sense. The only joke here is your post, you sound like someone who is desperate for attention. As an owner of the same truck I can tell you first hand that you’re full of sh*t.

The gray interior paint doesn’t chip unless it is impacted by an object or chemical damage. Same with the body panels, they’re thicker and more dent resistant than steel. It’s apparent that you have no clue how to properly take care of a vehicle; you damage it and then blame the manufacturer. That’s pathetic.

Your infotainment system issues are caused by your device. They’re all built the same, the variable is what you’re pairing to it. So once again you’re inducing issues and blaming someone else because you apparently have issue with taking personal accountability.

You claim “solenoid sensor failure” which isn’t even an actual component. You’re making it up as you go; talking out of your a$$.

I’ve never said this but I honestly feel bad for your dealership. I can just imagine you walking in there with impact damage all over your truck claiming they should fix it for free because “sOdA cAn bOdY pAneLz!!!”. Never mind the other fabricated and downright ridiculous claims you’re made. I can only imagine the RO, “customer claims solenoid sensor failure”. :facepalm:
GET HIM!

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, so maybe this is a bit stirring the pot but I honestly think Ford has made a hunk of junk. Issues since purchased new '18:
1. Cam phaser repair #1
2. Cam phaser solenoid replacement
3. Cam phaser repair #2
4. Sunroof replacement
5. Rear door handle falling off
6. Front interior door panel loose
7. Gray paint trim chipping everywhere. Also generally poor quality/coverage trim paint on interior
8. Rear camera failure
9. Aluminum body is basically a soda can. Dont sneeze on it or it dents. Poor quality exterior paint.
10. Terrible interior insulation. Loud road noise in comparison to Trx
11. Horrible rear a/c circulation. Rear passengers always complain
12. The transmission is a joke.
13. Horn went out.
14. Noisy front hub, replaced
15. Solenoid sensor failure
16. Door weather stripping falling off
17. Glove box doesn't close properly
18. Rear seatbelt mechanism failure, replaced
19. Stupid but annoying, the radio changes sources randomly. So sometimes when I start it will be on am or fm even though I always leave it on xm
20. Infotainment unit has frozen about 2 dozen times when driving. Have to do the force restart.
21. One more. The dealership experience.

At least they command a premium on the used market!
Holy crap bro, I think I would have been got rid of it. I have a 17 and I've had a lot of issues that just bugs the $hitz out of me but not that many. Sometimes it feels like my truck is a covid build. :banghead:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the OP's truck was built on a Friday or Monday.
I put 42K miles on my 2017 and never had any issues. I now have 24K miles on my 2020 and the only issue I had was the check valve on the hose for the windshield washer fluid froze up a few times when it was below 10*F even though I'm running -20* washer fluid.
I haven't even had the rear camera recall done because the camera has worked fine for 2 years now.

TC979

Reaction score
Luck of the draw I suppose. What's really crazy is the wife drives Rovers and they have been rock solid in comparison despite their reputation.
I hear you. My wife drives a 2012 LR4 that we bought new and it is absolutely the most trouble free vehicle we have ever owned. I am currently looking to get out of my sedan and am seriously considering a 2019 Raptor or a new 4-door Bronco.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks man . . . luck of the draw I guess. I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. Zero issues with the exception of the cam phasers. Which was fixed under warranty and honestly was not a big deal AT ALL and doesn't affect performance anyway. My 2018 is rock solid and I have zero regrets or complaints at all.

Sounds like the OP's truck was built on a Friday or Monday.
I put 42K miles on my 2017 and never had any issues. I now have 24K miles on my 2020 and the only issue I had was the check valve on the hose for the windshield washer fluid froze up a few times when it was below 10*F even though I'm running -20* washer fluid.
I haven't even had the rear camera recall done because the camera has worked fine for 2 years now.
I don't have any issues with my truck but Ive seen many minor issues from other owners. Maybe I got lucky or just haven't had bad luck yet
I fall in to this camp. My truck is awesome...I love it, and have totally quit driving my F-Type and 911 TT, because I have been having so much fun driving and modding this truck. And I will say as a reference...These trucks are a bit pricey, but they are my favorite looking truck out there (nothing against any others). It cracks me up when people ***** so much about problems...Not saying there aren't a few lemons that roll out, but the majority are solid!

As for the ******** about issues, and to put some perspective on it...When I bought my 911 Turbo, it was ~$142,000 + for some options...They are known to spin cam sleeves at a measly $10,000 to repair and Porsche won't even consider covering it. Also the coolant hoses are plastic and glued into the block...heat cycles cause them to fail and spew coolant all over the rear tires...that is a fun experience at speed for sure :) Jaguar F-Type R...Also love it...wonderful sounding SC V8 and a measly ~$110,000 +. Coolant pipes burst, and are located down in the Intercooler section under the engine lid where the S/C sits. Motor mounts also fail from the torque as well as the rear diffs...And then the stupid electric Water Pumps on The BMW's that fail (with my wife driving) which means engine almost burned up! :)

Point is...Any car at any price that is mass produced is going to have potential issues. **** is exploding all the time in there! Some may truly be lemons, but it is rare, and no matter what price range, no company is immune.

Drive the cars, enjoy them, and if you get a lemon...get rid of it and move on. And again...Did I mention how much I am lovin' this truck...Haha

DC

Rant over...All in good spirit and tongue in cheek.

Last edited: