Raptor fishtail over small bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam9778

Reaction score
I've just had my 2019 raptor for around 600 miles. It was okay when it was around 400 miles, but afterward my truck fishtail over bumpy road and potholes. It only happens in the rear. I checked the suspension and there wasnt any oil leaking from it. Can it be the live valve system not working correctly?

David Godbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, shocks are fine. Its a light a-- truck on the back end and she will dance for you on a bumpy road. Hey its sort of fun when you think about it. Drive it like you stole it and enjoy the ride my friend.

OP
OP
Sam9778

Sam9778

Reaction score
Haha! There are many potholes if I go to the country side in my country. Just afraid it might be dangerous to drive with the rear end fishtailing around 15mph. Do you think Baja mode at higher speed would help reduce it?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, not if your tires are over inflated and 38 is too high, you'll see more guys saying 32-34 is good start in the rear tires.
Also the stock springs suck ass both in the Gen 1 and Gen 2

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update!
It works! I tried the following tire pressure you posted. It makes around 90% difference. Am happy with it. Thank you!!

Yes, I couldn’t believe how much a cheap mod like tire pressure could make.

Glad it worked out for you.