Raptor fishtail over small bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Halo Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only way, or should I say the most cost efficient way to fix it is get rid of the stock rear springs and 2" lift block and change them out for Icon or Deaver springs. Mine used to do it so bad it scared the shit out of me at first. I switched to Icon rear leafs and problem solved. Truck stays planted. That 2" block and single rate stock spring causes havoc with the rear. Once you switch to a progressive rate leaf spring and rid yourself of that awful 2" block, you will be amazed at how different the truck stays put and feels.

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any way to reset my TPMS settings? I haven’t dug around on the SCT tuner (Gen1) but I would assume it has that feature.

I’ve been lazy and just ignore the “low tire pressure” warning. But reading this thread made me want to ask if it can be reset on the tuner?

Ps: tire pressure made the most improvement on the ride. Truck was at 42 psi or some shit. I’ve never had passenger tires that high before. Now sitting at a cool 33 rear 35 front

rides like a caddy

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's normal. I kind of like it but I'm weird like that. I've seen lots of people say to drop a few PSI in the rear and it largely resolves it. The instructor at Raptor Assault even recommended this for on-road.

GLOCK26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just had my 2019 raptor for around 600 miles. It was okay when it was around 400 miles, but afterward my truck fishtail over bumpy road and potholes. It only happens in the rear. I checked the suspension and there wasnt any oil leaking from it. Can it be the live valve system not working correctly?
I have a 19 crew and mine fish tails also.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any way to reset my TPMS settings? I haven’t dug around on the SCT tuner (Gen1) but I would assume it has that feature.

I’ve been lazy and just ignore the “low tire pressure” warning. But reading this thread made me want to ask if it can be reset on the tuner?

Ps: tire pressure made the most improvement on the ride. Truck was at 42 psi or some shit. I’ve never had passenger tires that high before. Now sitting at a cool 33 rear 35 front

rides like a caddy

You can't reset but you can program when the light pops up, you have 0 psi. 30, 35, 40, 45 and I think 50 not sure why they put 50.
If you choose 30 like I do and the light doesn't turn off for some reason after driving around the block then you'll have to air up to 41 psi to turn the light off then air down to what you want.

Also if you haven't run the SCT updater in a while I recommend doing so, they released quite a few firmware updates over the past year.

Last edited:

deadlysilent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can't reset but you can program when the light pops up, you have 0 psi. 30, 35, 40, 45 and I think 50 not sure why they put 50.
If you choose 30 like I do and the light doesn't turn off for some reason after driving around the block then you'll have to air up to 41 psi to turn the light off then air down to what you want.

Also if you haven't run the SCT updater in a while I recommend doing so, they released quite a few firmware updates over the past year.

I’m probably in need of an update. Thanks for the info... cheers