Raptor Expedition Night Fun Run Jan. 18

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Thanks for the Picts but I think a least the one that failed will need little more work than just adding additional bracing the square tubing has been twisted and ripped. So at this point I'm thinking of just cutting it off at the frame and ether installing a 2"x2" all way from one side to the other and then laser cutting new brackets to hang the shock off of, or do a sandwich plate kinda like outlaws old bump stop set up with a 2"x2" mounted to the plate with gussets and brackets.

Like to see that in pictures - maybe a thread about what you did?

MajorAR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm out. No can do; due to a brutal knee surgery yesterday. I might make the 8 Feb run however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that!

Hotels being figured out.

If you want in on the package hotel deal send me a PM with how many rooms, number of adults. I'm trying to get a good deal.

fateinc2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your recovery major ar !!I've had two knee surgerys and they can be ****** with a bad rehab facility. Sonoma any word on the group rate in Vegas? I've been doing some night runs in havasu while getting my rental ready for the snowbirds let me tell you a 42" light bar and light cannons are almost not enough light . Im getting at least one 50" on the roof before the run but running at night is a different ball game!! . This run should be a real test of alot of skills im hoping for a full moon that night . Cant wait for this run

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good luck with your recovery major ar !!I've had two knee surgerys and they can be ****** with a bad rehab facility. Sonoma any word on the group rate in Vegas? I've been doing some night runs in havasu while getting my rental ready for the snowbirds let me tell you a 42" light bar and light cannons are almost not enough light . Im getting at least one 50" on the roof before the run but running at night is a different ball game!! . This run should be a real test of alot of skills im hoping for a full moon that night . Cant wait for this run

Yes it is! I almost got swallowed up by a washout when we were running at night after thanksgiving. I felt I had enough light with my 40" and cannons except it was hard to tell how deep the whoops or washouts were. The light casts shadows and it's completely dark in between the whoops so it looks like they could be really deep but most weren't. I know ihavegas didn't have that problem since he had a roof mounted 50. I asked him to lead after a while for that reason.

I really hope no one plans on doing this run without extra lighting. It would be a very, very bad idea!

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
And check your radios/nav before- if they aren't working that's a bad idea to get on a night run. I think it's just too risky.

Hotels: anyone who is going on the run can either get their own hotel or they can get in on a package deal I am putting together. If you want the package deal rates send me a PM with how many rooms you need.

RoushRaptor661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been doing some night runs in havasu while getting my rental ready for the snowbirds let me tell you a 42" light bar and light cannons are almost not enough light . Im getting at least one 50" on the roof before the run but running at night is a different ball game!! . This run should be a real test of alot of skills im hoping for a full moon that night . Cant wait for this run

I have too. I have the 50 on the roof and its great. Getting two behind the hood Dully led's added soon too. I have gone out twice at night and like you said it is way different. With the 50 on the roof light does shine down on the hood and some inside on the dash. I think if I add a tent strip inside the windshield that will help reduce the light inside on the dash. See what happens.