Raptor Dealers Selling Near Invoice (Gen 2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Riverton eh, never thought of talking to them, will put them on the list, have heard good things about Laramie Peak Motors in Wheatland & they were close on the 2015 F150, but I got a better deal going to Loveland Co on it.

Wyoming:
Fremont Motors - Riverton, WY - Invoice - ordered (WyoStorm) ($400 over invoice - skifastdrivefaster)
Fremont Motors - Cody, WY - $1000 over invoice - ordered (SHAI HULUD)

It may be worth a shot. Not sure what they'll be doing this first model year but you never know.

96LT4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shottenkirk Ford-Jasper GA---$15K over sticker....lmao!

But they do have 4 allocations left of their 5.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've called about 10 dealers in MI and OH (including the ones listed here as at or below msrp) and have gotten mostly $5k over msrp, a couple $10k over, and one dealer who would order at MSRP. I have no idea when they could actually get the truck for me but it sounded like they thought it'd be awhile.

Obviously sooner is better but I'm not in a huge rush (have 5 cars as is). I have no experience with how this went during gen 1, but it seems that gen 2 production won't be capped and this current gouging is just because they can for the early buyers. I figure msrp is reasonable currently but I'd like to hear thoughts on if / how much it might go lower waiting until feb / march to order? Looks like a $5.xk spread on invoice and msrp on my build so waiting the winter for $2500+ isn't a bad deal. Otoh, I'd rather pay msrp now and get a truck in January vs only an extra $500-1250 savings waiting to order in March and maybe late April delivery.

Please share your thoughts where you think pricing might go as we enter 2017.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've called about 10 dealers in MI and OH (including the ones listed here as at or below msrp) and have gotten mostly $5k over msrp, a couple $10k over, and one dealer who would order at MSRP. I have no idea when they could actually get the truck for me but it sounded like they thought it'd be awhile.

Obviously sooner is better but I'm not in a huge rush (have 5 cars as is). I have no experience with how this went during gen 1, but it seems that gen 2 production won't be capped and this current gouging is just because they can for the early buyers. I figure msrp is reasonable currently but I'd like to hear thoughts on if / how much it might go lower waiting until feb / march to order? Looks like a $5.xk spread on invoice and msrp on my build so waiting the winter for $2500+ isn't a bad deal. Otoh, I'd rather pay msrp now and get a truck in January vs only an extra $500-1250 savings waiting to order in March and maybe late April delivery.

Please share your thoughts where you think pricing might go as we enter 2017.

Its really hard to say as nobody has gotten trucks yet. Once they start flowing id say the markup madness goes away by March and guaranteed by this time next year maybe earlier youll see lil over invoice deals.

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its really hard to say as nobody has gotten trucks yet. Once they start flowing id say the markup madness goes away by March and guaranteed by this time next year maybe earlier youll see lil over invoice deals.

Not sure the madness will be over by March, I think it will run well into next model year. Many of us with allocation orders I'm betting might now even get them till March. There are a ton of us with no build dates yet and it looks like they are booking end of November now. With the rumored shutdown in December that will push builds to January and then they're probably a month or more after that until they get delivered. I'm thinking dealer units won't hit the floor till summer....

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure the madness will be over by March, I think it will run well into next model year. Many of us with allocation orders I'm betting might now even get them till March. There are a ton of us with no build dates yet and it looks like they are booking end of November now. With the rumored shutdown in December that will push builds to January and then they're probably a month or more after that until they get delivered. I'm thinking dealer units won't hit the floor till summer....

I agree with your logic, youre probably right.

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I thought dealers units would come before custom orders?

pughde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
December builds are next but if they closed down the plant I most likely will not get a Vin before January.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

2017svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
December builds are next but if they closed down the plant I most likely will not get a Vin before January.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I have received a vin a week ago.

Alberta Canada

Last edited:

nicul15

Reaction score
since when do custom orders get priority over dealer orders?

I think they are mixed. a truck could be on the "lot" before you get your ordered truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg