Raptor Assault.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you can only bring your Dad as a guest to the reception. Dont think you can even pay for another driver. They allocate a spot to a driver and his/her VIN.

I called and they told me the same. What BS, Ford. This is certainly not a great first impression. Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche, Audi, hell... even Dodge SRT all let you bring a second person to join the fun at factory events, as long as you pay the fee. I offered to pay whatever to be able to bring a second person, but they told me absolutely not. My girlfriend and I haven't taken a vacation in 3 years (we run a successful company together and business is BOOMING) and now I have to break the news to her that she can't even join in the fun when we travel to Utah for the Raptor Assault program. They said she can spend the day waiting around at the Ford Performance Center while I am out having fun. Ridiculously they suggested, that she could read a book or even watch TV while she waits...

F*ck you, Ford. :flipthebird:

Last edited:
OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The Comfort Inn is rated #1 on Tripadvisor. Curious why everyone hates it. Only great reviews on TA. I've used it extensively and have had very good experiences.

142 reviews.
136 excellent or very good.

For around $100 a night, not sure what everyone expects?

I thought my observations were reasonably unambiguous:

"It’s loud as ****. No matter how hard you try, closing the door is about as loud as a suppressed 9mm supersonic - easily 110 db. Elevator chimes louder than Big Ben. Both days, I got awakened at 0415 by the adjoining rooms iPhone alarm. ON VIBRATE! Yes, the walls are that thin. And apparently everyone else got the idea too because every 15 minutes another door open/close, elevator buzz, then elevator chimes, repeat.

When I came back from day one, the knuckleheads had deactivated my keys, despite my 2 day reservation. “

Suffice it to say, for a hundred bucks a night, I expected more.
edit to add: I did leave them feedback, a little more constructively and with just a touch less flowery verbiage than here on FRF, but honest nonetheless. However, I didn’t and have not used TA previously, nor do I go out to each and every site which reviewers from one region of the world might use and comment there. I’ll leave comments where I can to reach an audience I can. So it may be that the TA target audience isn’t sharing a lot in common with FRF and Raptor owners in general?
hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man... that GT looks sweet.

I knew you would like R/A.

Sawdust

Reaction score
Just got back from raptor assault. I'll give a general review as to not spoil it for those of you yet to go.

Accommodations kind of depend on how you're doing this. If you are coming straight in for the program and leaving after, I would just stay at a hotel in Tooele or near the airport. If you have a day to kill or bringing someone else that needs to waste time. I would stay in Salt Lake City. The track is 20 minutes from the airport and a half an hour from downtown. There are plenty of shops, tourist attractions, bars and restaurants within walking distance of downtown hotels. I went for a hike in the Wasatch Mountains and the trail heads were 25 minutes drive from the Marriott City Center.

Reception was OK, they let you know what to expect the next day and a little bit of history about the track and the program. The reception is not just for raptor it's for the RS and GT programs as well. Food was buffet style, it was OK. I'm not sure I would pay the $40 to bring another person I don't know how much fun they would have, probably best just to go take them out for dinner afterwards.

Driving day is fast-paced the transition from classroom to track is quick. You partner up and the program does a great job of switching drivers at the right time. I never felt like my driving partner got to do something that I didn't get to do. Instructors are professional and top-notch. They get in depth with the technical aspects of the truck especially Baja mode, rock crawling mode and use of the locking differential. You get to experience plenty of examples of each. It was almost as much fun to be a passenger because you were less focused on the truck and just along for the ride. It exceeded my expectations for a free program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

I guess not exactly free, had to buy a truck to get that ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk