Randy is one of the good guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent Randy a PM last night inquiring about ordering a Raptor.

I received his response before I awoke.

After exchanging a couple of emails, he sent me a quote. Little did I know at the time, he was taking care of a personal matter. Had I known this, I wouldn't have bothered him.

In any event, we chatted on the phone, discussed logistics, and pricing. If I was going to buy from Randy, my plan was to take my middle child, Jack (5yrs) on his first plane ride to go get the truck and have a father/son road trip back to Chattanooga.

Randy quoted me the standard $3,000 off retail. Which was great.

In the meantime, I have had a conversation going on with my local dealer here in the noog. I test drove the one Raptor they had on the lot last weekend. They don't really have a reputation for dealing, but I figured I would give them a shot. Picking up locally always beats travelling.

To my surprise, they gave me a quote that was just at $1,000 (2%) over invoice, or $4600 off SRP.

So, I call Randy. I tell him about my local deal. After telling me to take the deal, he offered fantastic advice about making sure I got all of their fees out on the table, etc.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to place my order, but I told my sales guy that if even one thing seems amiss, I will walk out on the spot.

It feels good to know that I have such a great option in my back-pocket.

I was kinda looking forward to the road-trip with the little guy. :(

Randy is the man.

Thanks again brother,

Brian

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the same thing when I was getting the itch to get a new 2011 and trade in my 2010. I PM'ed Randy and he called me back and left a 3-minute voice mail as I missed his call. Then, he called back (I think) and left another one apologizing about the long voicemail he just left! lol.

Anyway, I told him the deal that was being cut on my truck and again, he said to take it. I felt pretty bad, since I really wanted to buy from the dude. I will, in time, I know.

Randy rocks. Hope that he is always part of the family here.

OP
OP
MiloX

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know right? Felt a bit guitly, but at the end of the day it's real money we're talking about here. A couple thousand dollars is a lot of money for most of us. You can tell he gets it.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know right? Felt a bit guitly, but at the end of the day it's real money we're talking about here. A couple thousand dollars is a lot of money for most of us. You can tell he gets it.

No doubt a couple grand makes a difference! I wish I had the wealth many here enjoy, but until then I am forced to work my ass off :ROFLJest:

I contacted Randy recently about potentially buying my next vehicle from him. Financing could be the thorn in my side though, especially being in-between jobs till mid-January. I hate to wait even longer to order... :crazy:

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,
I have NO problem giving out corret info, and if your local Dealer won't work with you, I will always be here to help out when I can. I have stood by my - $3000OFF MSRP since day one, and if that's better than what you can get local, we can do business.

I have been with my Mom @ the hospital, I believe the time is getting near for Her. So I have not been able to check in as often as I would like to. And my emails are taking a little longer to return. But don't stop sending them, I still need stuff to do during the down time and long hours of sitting.

Thanks again for the kind words,
randy

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,
I have NO problem giving out corret info, and if your local Dealer won't work with you, I will always be here to help out when I can. I have stood by my - $3000OFF MSRP since day one, and if that's better than what you can get local, we can do business.

I have been with my Mom @ the hospital, I believe the time is getting near for Her. So I have not been able to check in as often as I would like to. And my emails are taking a little longer to return. But don't stop sending them, I still need stuff to do during the down time and long hours of sitting.

Thanks again for the kind words,
randy

IMO, right now business does not matter. Spend all the time you can with your family. :waytogo: We will be sending prayers your way!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn man, prayers sent to you and yours. I'm an emotional guy 99% of the time and this just really makes me want to break out the phone and call home again today. I talk to my parents everyday and I really don't know what I'll do when I can't just pick up the phone and talk to them.

Glad I bought those airline tickets home.

My best to you and yours, Randy.