random stalling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. A vacuum leak is the first thing that I started looking for. I checked the IWE valve and hoses, looked at the manifold vacuum supply hose, and PCV valve and hose.

Looking at the parts catalogs, it appears that Ford discontinued the manifold vacuum supply line for 2011-2012 6.2L F150’s and replaced it with a new one for 2013-2014 models.

DL3Z-9C490-H is the new part#​

BL3Z-9C490-C is the discontinued part# for 2011-2012

Might be a thing.

Last edited:

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
These were the symptoms that lead to me discovering my fuse was going bad. Makes me think it’s fuel related.

OP
OP
R

red_mr2

Reaction score
I went out and pumped the brakes up with the truck off and it built pressure and held it. Started the truck with the brake pedal still pressed and it slowly pressed to the floor. Seems at first glance that the brake booster is good. There are multiple vacuum lines/check valves tied into the check valve on the booster, so I will start checking all of those.

And like yours, mine will stall at idle in park in the driveway with no other input.
i did the same thing by going out side and pumping the brakes and the pedal went down once i started the truck up. so it might not be bad, but like you said, there is other lines that go into the check valve. i replaced my throttle body with 2 other oem ones that were known to be good and still got the stalling, i even had another pcm programmed and the issue still kept occuring. im not sure if raising the rpms would help, you can forsure do it thru forscan.

OP
OP
R

red_mr2

Reaction score
This definately sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Disconnect one side of the PCV hose on the passenger side and see if it changes anything. About a month ago I took the cup to my oil catch can off to empty it and while it was off I forgot and took the Raptor for a drive. Within a short distance my truck started to idle funky while sitting at a stop light. Remembered the cup was off so I drove home and put it back on and all good again.
did your truck stall out too? or was it just idling like if it was sucking up air?

OP
OP
R

red_mr2

Reaction score
These were the symptoms that lead to me discovering my fuse was going bad. Makes me think it’s fuel related.
i did the fuse recolation and the problem is still there. im thinking maybe a bad fuel pump that shorts out or is not sending enought fuel. i have no codes for a bad fuel pump tho

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The absence of codes is the most frustrating part. Truck runs great other than this issue. I have new check valves and hoses on the way. Next thing I’ll look into is the intake manifold gasket.

OP
OP
R

red_mr2

Reaction score
The absence of codes is the most frustrating part. Truck runs great other than this issue. I have new check valves and hoses on the way. Next thing I’ll look into is the intake manifold gasket.
same here. the truck runs amazing until it decided to randomly rough idle and stall out

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when my fuse27 was done i had similiar issues. truck would die randomly or not start. come to find out my fuse 27 was never done. they put the label on the fusebox, but never completed the job. fuse was barely making enough contact to work most of the time, but every now and then, would die.

Blacktor

Reaction score
Mine would do this periodically. Typically slowing down before a turn so I would have to muscle it around the corner haha. I found a foil wrapped harness behind the motor was laying on the header. Rectified that situation and never had the issue again. Easy to check and easy to zip tie up and out of the way.

Gryphon313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when my fuse27 was done i had similiar issues. truck would die randomly or not start. come to find out my fuse 27 was never done. they put the label on the fusebox, but never completed the job. fuse was barely making enough contact to work most of the time, but every now and then, would die.
That’s frustrating. Especially since it could cause a fire.