Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My hope. Dodge releases the TRX and it absolutely crushes the Raptor across the board in on/off road performance at a lower price point. This would force Ford's hand to either step up and beat the TRX or get out of the game. Hoping that they step up.

Competition is great, but I don't want it to kill the value of my truck.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my opinion is they will take a RAM rebel throw a set of fox shocks on it with a hell cat engine and call it a TRX. Maybe a few wider bolt on fenders, but it still wont have the R&D that Ford put into the raptor. It will be half assed like everything else.

You're tracking that they have been working on this TRX project for about 3 years already, right? So by the time it debuts, it will have about 4.5-5 years of work behind it. I don't think it is likely to be the parts bin special you are expecting. I predict two flavors: a 550ish hp base model for Raptor money and a full fat 700ish hp monster for showing off for $80K+.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this HP talk is great but if it happens the majority of us including myself will be scared shitless on a trail with that kind of power. The photos of rolled 80k trucks will be fun to see.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All this HP talk is great but if it happens the majority of us including myself will be scared shitless on a trail with that kind of power. The photos of rolled 80k trucks will be fun to see.

Or seeing them top that infamous Gen 1 Raptor jump video... that’d be something to see.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not if they detune it to like 550hp... I heard that is a possibility

... but the potential of that motor has a much, much higher ceiling... meaning just a tune, CAI, & pulley will yield 800+ HP at the crank with ease. That’s just crazy. Go the typical Hellcat/Trackhawk full bolt-on route & see 1000+ HP at the crank... so what, 750 to the wheels? That’s nuts... their AWD system on the Trackhawks are holding up, so I’d assume the TRX could put it down without an issue.

808to408

Reaction score
Why are some of you equating HP to sales? It’s the whole package. I don’t believe a TRX will come close
To Raptor sales unless they are much lower MSRP.

Bertmaklin

Reaction score
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the ram already comes on coils in the rear. it’s a proven Suspension that ford is currently trying to copy. Also if they come on air suspension they have the potential to a much much better all around truck. You’ll be able to compensate for towing, rockcrawling, desert running it would be a huge jump over what we have now. And if you don’t think air will work off road

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear FCA is stepping into the race... Supposedly Chevy wants to get their @$$ handed to them too and will try to compete. Ford will up their game to stay in top. Good news for Raptor as a brand and flagship.
Bad news for current Gen 2 owners if their "one up" involves placing a V8 in the next gen or facelift of the truck. If that V8 is put into production for the Gen 3 or something, then we are proper f*cked on resale value.