Ram TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is so very funny- almost not worth responding to, but some education is in order so I’ll oblige.

Well first off they aren’t “cheap” as in cheaply made- but they’re affordable relative to other platforms & certainly from a HP per $$$ standpoint. (Not to mention packaging & weight- Ford V8s all heads & cams weighing more & displacing less volume &!’aling less power)

The reason they’re plentiful is b/c they’re popular & the reason their popular is b/c they’re so damn good.

But I digress- in truth one of the main reasons they’re one of the most sought after power plants for engine swaps & hot rod builds is due to the bellhouse location & bolt pattern that has endured for decades essentially unchanged- & that’s a well known fact, so all the supporting go-fast shit you can buy under the sun is built to mate up to a GM LSx. The fact that many parts are basically interchangeable from nearly all years & platforms between the LS family is another reason. If you knew shit about V8s you would know this to be true. If I was a straight GM fanboy I wouldn’t be pointing this fact out nor would I be driving a Raptor & on this forum.

But I don’t really need to convince you That Ford’s @ the bottom of the heap in the V8 world- its something Ford has essentially admitted themselves- if they were so confident in their V8 engine building then why do they put minimal effort in designing & releasing new versions? Why don’t they make a single friggin vehicle aside from the mustang & ****** HD gasser trucks w/ their “legendary” (LOLing) V8? Why do all their full size SUVs & trucks get fitted w/ eco boost motors?

They don’t even make a luxury car (I don’t even know that they make a car these days other than mustang actually) w/ a V8- caddy & Lexus make plenty.

I mean Jesus buddy if Ford had a superior V8 to GM & Chrysler why the hell aren’t they putting them in anything?

The mustangs get the V8s then underperform against V8 Camaros (lol @ comparing to a vette) - altho they do go around a track better than a challenger that’s for damn sure.

I’ll leave you w/ this- if you were to spend a week or 2 @ VIR, englishtown, lime kiln, or Epping & surveyed all the racers there w/ this question “you can only pick 1 engine to build a car around what do you choose?” Or “you got a gun to your head & need to pick which engine will grenade first in a track torture test GM, Chrysler, Ford- what do you choose?”

I can guarantee to you even a fanboy wearing a blue oval hat- if they’ve spent any time/experience on race tracks- they’ll be picking the GM engine.

Again, more fanboy ignorance. Mic drop.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re talking about the best domestic boosted engine... that’s dodge with the hellcat motor. The best domestic NA V8? That’s the 5.0 coyote motor... those things can handle some boost too.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Again, more fanboy ignorance. Mic drop.

Here's your mic back.
The LS is king of the swap because it is plentiful, historically much physically smaller than the other V8's and you can make good power with a tune and injectors. You can make huge reliable power with other stuff like cams and turbos. Biggest reason is the physical size though.
You sound like a never GM'er. Chevy derangement syndrome going on.