RAM 1500 TRX dead after MY2024

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what they call it. Still going to be a flop.

Makes no sense to abandon the TRX branding and following when you change nothing but the power.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter what they call it. Still going to be a flop.

Makes no sense to abandon the TRX branding and following when you change nothing but the power.
I don’t think I saw anything in there about what the suspension set up is going to be like. I would hope they wouldn’t change it from the Milstein but I’m also very curious what they’re gonna price it at especially with the cost of a GEN three raptor. The problem is dodge mark ups are going to make it ******* retarded expensive

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They’ve already started a forum specific to RHO. I’m sure those guys will have fun over there

1699455522964.gif

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’ve already started a forum specific to RHO. I’m sure those guys will have fun over there

View attachment 431202

The guy who posted that he thinks the starting price is going to be $10,000 less than the raptor is definitely smoking some copium

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like they’re using the TRX drivetrain and frame. That weigh penalty is really going to hurt performance.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d be shocked if starting price was less than 90,000
I'm not sure what type of buyer would actually go for this truck at that price point. Dodge products always seem like one trick ponies, tons of power and straight line speed. Couldn't imagine buying a I6 Ram over a V6 Raptor if you're basically talking 6 figures for it after options/taxes/tags. Also "only" 35s on the TRX. People love overhyping the fact that they don't like the added stress from turbos on a V6 and the impact on long term reliability. One has been around for a while in one of the most frequently sold vehicles in the US, one is a fairly new motor from Stellantis lol.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure what type of buyer would actually go for this truck at that price point. Dodge products always seem like one trick ponies, tons of power and straight line speed. Couldn't imagine buying a I6 Ram over a V6 Raptor if you're basically talking 6 figures for it after options/taxes/tags. Also "only" 35s on the TRX. People love overhyping the fact that they don't like the added stress from turbos on a V6 and the impact on long term reliability. One has been around for a while in one of the most frequently sold vehicles in the US, one is a fairly new motor from Stellantis lol.
Boost is boost, I’ve never understood why someone would make an argument that a blown v8 would be under less stress or more reliable that a ttv6. A n/a motor maybe, but I think that argument is dead with current technology. With that said, I have zero trust in Stellantis building a reliable, high strung 3.0 that makes 540 hp.