Radar detector mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a blend mount and find that many times the GPS is not available and it seems to only be in the raptor because if I put the detector with a suction cup mount on another car it works fine do you think it's from the metal mount or the windshield in the raptor??

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why no suction cup mount? I find that gets the detector the highest up on the windshield.

And I second the Waze advice. I always run Waze and detector on road trips and pretty much spot every cop out there. Otherwise around town I just use the detector (360Max).

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Visor mount, the blend mount is great, just restricts vision under the mirror a bit.
After having both, I would never do another suction mount. If you adjust the Blendmount properly, it's pretty much unnoticeable. I've found that even with cars that are garaged most of the time, the suction mounts like to dump your detector when you park in the sun for a while.

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you adjust the Blendmount properly, it's pretty much unnoticeable.
What radar detector do you use? I have a

****** Passport 9500iX and find that the GPS only works half the time and this set up in the Raptor.​

Not sure if it's the mount that's blocking the GPS signal or the windshield

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What radar detector do you use? I have a

****** Passport 9500iX and find that the GPS only works half the time and this set up in the Raptor.​

Not sure if it's the mount that's blocking the GPS signal or the windshield
I have an Esc ort Max 360 in the Raptor. I have an older Valentine in my one car. I like them both. Too funny that esc*rt is another unusable word! Every now and then I will get a message saying I have lost GPS, but it's always back on a minute later.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After having both, I would never do another suction mount. If you adjust the Blendmount properly, it's pretty much unnoticeable. I've found that even with cars that are garaged most of the time, the suction mounts like to dump your detector when you park in the sun for a while.

Attachments

• 8D7BE06A-8FC4-49D5-AF25-A19833519276.png
    8D7BE06A-8FC4-49D5-AF25-A19833519276.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 3

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's how I had my Valentine mounted at first. That was how most of the early detectors came. My ex always bitch*d about not be able to use the visor. She bitch*d a lot about a bunch of things though!

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's how I had my Valentine mounted at first. That was how most of the early detectors came. My ex always bitch*d about not be able to use the visor. She bitch*d a lot about a bunch of things though!
Easy to remove. I don’t like loosing that couple inches under the mirror. I think they say higher is also better for detector performance. I don’t live in a city jungle and just need long range performance. I like how I can dis connect the power and remove the unit quickly when parked.

Chuckaroo91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why no suction cup mount? I find that gets the detector the highest up on the windshield.

And I second the Waze advice. I always run Waze and detector on road trips and pretty much spot every cop out there. Otherwise around town I just use the detector (360Max).

Or you use both for maximum protection ;)

gab9026

Reaction score
I used a Blend Mount as well. It seems to be the best option. I wired mine to the AUX switches though - then I just just flipped the corresponding switch when I wanted the radar detector on or off.
How did you use the aux switch ? Where did you wired to ?