Radar detector mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RileyCamp946

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted their radar detector onto the rear view mirror, or found a better place to put it that it can still pick ip strong signal but not be suction cupped onto the middle of the windshield?

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a Blend Mount as well. It seems to be the best option. I wired mine to the AUX switches though - then I just just flipped the corresponding switch when I wanted the radar detector on or off.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I’d post this. I didn’t go with radar detector but found that the navigation program Waze has all of the police listed and gives you a verbal heads up about it. Even if you don’t have a trip in the nav started, just open Waze and it will show you way ahead of time and way before a radar detector can. It can’t replace a detector since the app gets its info based on user input. So for example if you pass a speed trap you press the button on the app to add it in for others to now be aware. I think it could work great as a double backup to those of you who need the detector. Give it a try since it works in car play.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Figured I’d post this. I didn’t go with radar detector but found that the navigation program Waze has all of the police listed and gives you a verbal heads up about it. Even if you don’t have a trip in the nav started, just open Waze and it will show you way ahead of time and way before a radar detector can. It can’t replace a detector since the app gets its info based on user input. So for example if you pass a speed trap you press the button on the app to add it in for others to now be aware. I think it could work great as a double backup to those of you who need the detector. Give it a try since it works in car play.
This also now works with Apple Maps.

savela

Reaction score
Blend Mount. One thing I discovered while installing - you can flatten out the stalk or stem of the rearview mirror to raise the detector up a bit. I'm a fan. Different mount when compared to the Gen 2 for obvious reasons.

Attachments

• IMG_6615.jpeg
    IMG_6615.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_6616.jpeg
    IMG_6616.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 179

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And another for BlendMount, coupled with an E S C O R T Max360. I was able to use the same one that I had mounted in my Tacoma, pretty happy about that. I did have to purchase a new mirror tap as mine was broken, purchased a very nice one on eBay for $15.