R Alternatives - What would you consider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
37 gen 3 non R or TRX then save the rest?
Doesnt seem like youre dead set on having an offroad vehicle nor a v8 based on your alternatives.
I have a 37 PP that I love, but you're right in that I don't NEED an off road vehicle... but have really enjoyed the capabilities of my truck and especially during snow season in the mountains. My understanding is that an RS6 with snow tires will be pretty lethal in the snow, but of course not anywhere near the 37.

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
To be honest, someone should do a video on some of the best AWD wagons/sedans vs trucks in the snow...

Clearly trucks can haul more and hold more things in their bed but wagons can hold a few things and I'd be interested to see the results of how they handle in the snow.
I agree whole heartedly- side by side comparisons would be really interesting.

There are a few vids of people going banannas in the snow in the avant!

OP
OP
Raptor Paradise
Reaction score
This is the only cool station wagon ever made. Don’t fall for the poor advice on buying a German wagon

View attachment 421849
I grew up with a Buick Road Master sation wagon and we drove from the FL Keys to New York every year in it and once to Washington (the state). This is a lot of the reason I want a station wagon! They are incredibly pratical for the fam.

I have nicknamed the RS6 the 'Dad Wagon' in my household.

wyomingraptor

Reaction score
The R is faster than most performance vehicles outside of super cars. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds with 37” tires cannot be touched from a utilitarian perspective.
These YouTube videos really latch on to you and are very entertaining. Couple hours of life I can’t get back!

Mercedes G wagon kind turns me on.
I will have to make do with my Wrangler 392.
I think the new Mach 1 mustang is a very good car for the price. Very entertaining with a manual transmission! I asked about the Dark horse mustang and was told the dealer wanted 10 and they’re sending 2. Afraid I am too late for that party.