Question on power release tailgate warranty fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the ‘19+ models already having the fix in place, there is no upgrade. The coverage is there in the event that a ROP drain leaks into the BCM (for example) and causes corrosion/short to power. But I will review the bulletin when I have a chance and confirm.
Let me know what you find out. Since my purchase in July ofnthis year my Oasis report has shown open 21M06.

It bugs me to have open things on my Oasis.

4 days ago i got letter from Fo MO Co that parts where now available and "if I have experienced unintended tailgate opening" to contact my dealer for repairs.

Says new tailgate handle release switch and BCM software update.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotcha. But do the tailgates fall on some and some lower slowly?
No they fall slowly. If positioned just right tailgates have sustained some scratches while lowering into an object.

Personally I try to make sure I park far enough away from an object I can open my tailgate no problem, but alas I also have 2002 PSD and for me not being able to access an tailgate for hauling items it dumb so I have always parked that way.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No they fall slowly. If positioned just right tailgates have sustained some scratches while lowering into an object.

Personally I try to make sure I park far enough away from an object I can open my tailgate no problem, but alas I also have 2002 PSD and for me not being able to access an tailgate for hauling items it dumb so I have always parked that way.
Most of the guys with damage had it happen in their garage, like happened with me. You need a pretty long garage for the Raptor to be several feet away from the garage door and still have reasonable room in the front also.