Question on power release tailgate warranty fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. It’s basically extended coverage. 2019 and 2020 already have the updated wiring harness.
Ok, thanks. The only issue I had was 100% my fault when I accidentally hit the tailgate button on my fob. I was really lucky I had no damage when it opened against my garage door. I disabled that button shortly after with my Forskin.

SCAR911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any reason to have this tailgate repair "21M06" done if I've never had an issue with it? The only trouble I've had was when it was new and I unintentionaly hit the remote release button on the fob and it flopped open into my garage door.
I'm new to these trucks, but when mine opens, it lowers really slow. So if it hit a garage door, it would do nothing. Is that a normal thing?

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will kindly disagree with @FordTechOne, I have the notification on my 2020, built in July 2020 so basically the most updated Gen 2 Raptor possible.

I would opt for any and all factory upgrades possible. You have to tell the service writer you have experienced unintended tailgate openings.

No harm no foul, you are just out some time. You have the latest greatest possible and Ford has limited thier liability. Win, win, win

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm new to these trucks, but when mine opens, it lowers really slow. So if it hit a garage door, it would do nothing. Is that a normal thing?
There have been many reports of tailgate damage
Ford will cover tailgate damage and also I have heard of reports of Ford paying for garage door damage.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will kindly disagree with @FordTechOne, I have the notification on my 2020, built in July 2020 so basically the most updated Gen 2 Raptor possible.

I would opt for any and all factory upgrades possible. You have to tell the service writer you have experienced unintended tailgate openings.

No harm no foul, you are just out some time. You have the latest greatest possible and Ford and limited thier liability. Win, win, win
With the ‘19+ models already having the fix in place, there is no upgrade. The coverage is there in the event that a ROP drain leaks into the BCM (for example) and causes corrosion/short to power. But I will review the bulletin when I have a chance and confirm.