GEN 2 Question for the mall crawlers out there....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You ever get shit for not having a front plate? I think after this bicentennial plate runs out I might just pull the whole thing.

I have never had front plates on anything here and never a hassle. And I'm around LEO's all the time. Never been asked.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You ever get shit for not having a front plate? I think after this bicentennial plate runs out I might just pull the whole thing.
I usually run one but I haven't got my 2020 registered yet. New vehicle registration is still suspended.
I don't like blocking the intercooler so I run a side mount like on my old Ecoboost F150. This was my 2017.

SAM_0712.JPG

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great pictures so far everyone! I'd like to humbly submit my new (to me) 2018 leadfoot that i just had the dealership paint the fenders before it gets picked up for shipping.

Was wondering if i could get some opinions on how this looks. It may be my super OCD but in some of these pictures i feel like they missed the mark on paint matching by a mile while in others it seems to be a good match. Does this look normal or did i get a hack job? Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated before i email them back and ask "What in the world did you do to my fenders?" haha. Thank you in advance for your time! 1/3

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

Last edited:

LF LandShark 2818

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first reaction to seeing your pictures was that the fender flares don't match the paint on the body of the vehicle—the flares look lighter than the body. It appears to only be noticeable in direct sunlight.

Spot on with what my initial reaction was went the pictures were sent over. Not sure what to really do in this situation. Do i ask for them to remove and repaint again? It was done at a dealership so my hope is that they used oem paint to match like i had asked. Then again since the color went away for a year, maybe the 2020 Leadfoot is just slightly lighter than the 2018 Leadfoot? Really not sure what route i want to go, live with it, or spend more time and money making them match it again?

OP
OP
19PANDA

19PANDA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spot on with what my initial reaction was went the pictures were sent over. Not sure what to really do in this situation. Do i ask for them to remove and repaint again? It was done at a dealership so my hope is that they used oem paint to match like i had asked. Then again since the color went away for a year, maybe the 2020 Leadfoot is just slightly lighter than the 2018 Leadfoot? Really not sure what route i want to go, live with it, or spend more time and money making them match it again?
You’ll never get an exact match with plastic (flares) to metal (fenders, quarters, bumpers) no matter how hard you try. We do our best to mitigate this by blending color when we paint vehicles. Adding to the issue of different substrates, each color code has a different set of variants. Your code for Leadfoot (JX) could have 3 or 4, or 15 different variants. When we do a job we get out our paint chips to match the closest variant we can then spray out a test panel to ensure we are as close as possible before we spray.

I think your truck looks great for what it is bud! Not many people besides yourself will see the color difference, and if they do, tell them you had the flares painted recently and your truck is 3 years old to explain the discrepancy.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. I had a local body shop PTM mirror caps and door handles for my 2020. They sprayed a couple of test samples to compare to my rapid red truck, then a couple more and a couple more etc. etc.
It took 5 trips to the body shop before they finally nailed it and then they painted my parts.