Question for all you Leadfoot Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a couple surface scratches...assume they'll rub out. Haven't done any protection yet. Door pillars have same issues as everyone...will need to address at some point. Overall I love Lead Foot...and have had many share that opinion with me. Very understated and low key. It shows dirt, but where and how I drive that's inevitable no matter the color.

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    IMG_0852.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    IMG_0853.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 147

brownkc81

Reaction score
I have about 3,500 miles on mine had since late September. I love the color it is the first flat color vehicle I have had. It definitely shows swirl marks a lot more than a metallic color vehicle. You can't tell in the shade really color looks darker and doesn't show imperfections as bad, but in the direct sun it shows swirl marks pretty bad. The window pillars like previously mentioned are the worst for swirl marks they really show bad. I have been thinking of polishing them out and maybe getting the xpel wrap over them for protection. The swirl marks in the truck are probably not a deal breaker for me but if I had know it would show that bad I may have chosen a different color. I'm sure black is bad as well.

Also I have only hand washed my truck and have not taken it to an auto was yet.

TheProcessoperator

Reaction score
I have a black raptor. Within the first 3 days, I installed a 5 year ceramic paint coating. Now I hand wash it via the 2 bucket method. Not a single swirl. Ceramic paint coatings can be expensive but keeps my black looking good, even when it's dirty it still has more of a shine to it than without a coating. I had another black raptor owner see mine and make that comment.

OP
OP
N

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
The ceramic coatings are something I am considering as well. Just need to gather as much input as I can so as to factor that into the total cost of my purchase if the coatings are a necessity based on color. Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the Leadfoot color...I would highly recommend ceramic coating and getting the front clear bra.

Before Ceramic Pro - Clear bra

PwxdbMQ.jpg

SunTek Matte Clear - Ceramic Pro

0auYULZ.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

NeverEnoughHP

Reaction score
Thanks for all your input.....I bit the bullet and ordered a Leadfoot Supercrew today!!!! And now I wait.......

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Welcome to the Leadfoot Family. I'm sure you'll love it, I do. It's an awesome color!

BLACK_RAPTOR

Reaction score
Get the truck paint corrected than have the ceramic coating applied and you will be G2G. That's what I'm doing and have done to all my vehicles.