Question about odd electrical noises after truck is sitting 36 hours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a pressure relief valve right? High pitched electrical sounding as well & comes & goes intermittent, that happens on my 2018 for all 45k miles I owned it until it got totaled, my 2020 doesn’t do it, but they both make the fuel system prime noise when I opened the door (both 801a trucks w/ “real” keys)
Yes, like pressure release valve as an example, but the electrical noise synthesized equivalent.

Yes fuel prime noise is normal

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
It almost sounds like a pressure relief valve right? High pitched electrical sounding as well & comes & goes intermittent, that happens on my 2018 for all 45k miles I owned it until it got totaled, my 2020 doesn’t do it, but they both make the fuel system prime noise when I opened the door (both 801a trucks w/ “real” keys)
@Oldfart just sent me the audio file of
“Said Strange Noise Event”
It DEFINITELY Sounds like @Oldfart
“forgot” that he had his favorite Goat tied up in the “Bed” of his Raptor, ready to go on a “TRAIL RIDE”, under the Retrax.
Apparently the N a r c o tics wore off after 36 Hrs and “Said Noises” began.
I won’t be sharing the Audio File, after all, FRF is a Family Friendly Forum “FFF” and its content may be offensive to some “Sensitive” members.
Additionally, I don’t want to add “Fuel to the Fire” regarding the case the NSA is building against him.
I would Never throw my BFF under the Proverbial Bus like that…but then that’s just how I roll…
:driver::head3:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody else ever noticed this. I'm in the garage changing oil on one of my cars. My Raptor is in the garage and hasn't been touched in over 36 hours. I hear this noise as if something electrical has just been energized, some clicks, then quiet for about 5 seconds, then the same noises and it goes quiet. No lights on inside or out. Any idea what would be going on to do this?

Very strange. I know there's all kinds of electrical monitoring going on in these trucks, but I would have thought after sitting so long it would be dormant. Maybe @FordTechOne would know? I don't seem to have any issues with it, but VERY curious what would be going on with something like that.
Normal behavior. The truck will “wake up” at times, such as when uploading connected vehicle data.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Normal behavior. The truck will “wake up” at times, such as when uploading connected vehicle data.
Good to know it's normal. I didn't want it to turn into dead battery issues. Very weird when it's been sitting so long, and it starts clicking at me! If it wasn't quiet, you wouldn't hear it. Thanks.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
@FordTechOne one, please try to
“Stay On Point” here. Although your technical knowledge of the Raptor is Greatly appreciated by myself and countless others, this thread has Digressed to “Help @Oldfart find his Missing Goat.”
If you would like to contribute to his Go Fund Me, or you have contacts that can get his Goats picture on a milk carton, please pm me.
Thank you :)

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne one, please try to
“Stay On Point” here. Although your technical knowledge of the Raptor is Greatly appreciated by myself and countless others, this thread has Digressed to “Help @Oldfart find his Missing Goat.”
If you would like to contribute to his Go Fund Me, or you have contacts that can get his Goats picture on a milk carton, please pm me.
Thank you :)
I'm pretty sure with Oldfart it would be a goat fund me, not a go fund me.

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure with Oldfart it would be a goat fund me, not a go fund me.
I apologize, I misread the “Goat Fund Me Page” I didn’t have my reading glasses :)
It makes sense though, that goat may need to be replaced after suffering the ill effects of being trapped under his retrax for 36 hrs?
Let’s hope PETA stays out of this, it’s a personal matter ;)
( No Gosts we’re harmed, ALLEGEDLY, in the making of this tread)

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John you assume OldFart has standards, you also assume the Goat is still living and you also assume OldFart didn’t plan this as an elaborate ruse to through the NSA and God knows what other agencies off his trail. @FordTechOne was trying to stay PC on this one and help OldFart with his ruse of deception. By the audio file you also assume there was only one goat let’s all be honest here with OldFarts past post “One Goat” really I think not! Facts: 1) NSA is in fact investigating OldFart for God knows what. 2) @FordTechOne is only trying to help. 3) You BunMan are and true friend and one funny MF’r! God love this Forum!