Question about odd electrical noises after truck is sitting 36 hours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody else ever noticed this. I'm in the garage changing oil on one of my cars. My Raptor is in the garage and hasn't been touched in over 36 hours. I hear this noise as if something electrical has just been energized, some clicks, then quiet for about 5 seconds, then the same noises and it goes quiet. No lights on inside or out. Any idea what would be going on to do this?

Very strange. I know there's all kinds of electrical monitoring going on in these trucks, but I would have thought after sitting so long it would be dormant. Maybe @FordTechOne would know? I don't seem to have any issues with it, but VERY curious what would be going on with something like that.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you brought the key fob near the truck, you may have triggered the fuel pump priming sequence. It does this in anticipation of being started.

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Yep, I have noticed this also, but only seems to happen when the key fob is close by or in my pocket. When mine does it the lights flash on like it thinks I am getting in. I never knew it was the fuel pump. Thanks for the info.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody else ever noticed this. I'm in the garage changing oil on one of my cars. My Raptor is in the garage and hasn't been touched in over 36 hours. I hear this noise as if something electrical has just been energized, some clicks, then quiet for about 5 seconds, then the same noises and it goes quiet. No lights on inside or out. Any idea what would be going on to do this?

Very strange. I know there's all kinds of electrical monitoring going on in these trucks, but I would have thought after sitting so long it would be dormant. Maybe @FordTechOne would know? I don't seem to have any issues with it, but VERY curious what would be going on with something like that.
Yep, I have noticed this also, but only seems to happen when the key fob is close by or in my pocket. When mine does it the lights flash on like it thinks I am getting in. I never knew it was the fuel pump. Thanks for the info.
I didn't think to say anything about the fob, but it was back inside the house in a drawer.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor is in the garage and hasn't been touched in over 36 hours. I hear this noise as if something electrical has just been energized, some clicks, then quiet for about 5 seconds, then the same noises and it goes quiet.
Warning- Don’t ignore your truck or your wife or they will electrically stimulate themselves!!!