Question #15: Line-X (yes I have read other threads)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green Goblin

Reaction score
Interesting! My entire truck is sprayed and the one area they didn’t recommend spraying was the wells...... They asked how much gravel I might get into and I said “maybe a lot, who knows.....”. They said rocks can chip it away and once water gets behind it I won’t be happy. Anybody have this problem?

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always go to Walmart and pick up the Dupli~Color kit, but make sure you have a mullet and wife beater on along with shorts and cowboy boots, and wear a thong as a mask
Or,

68a5547547bc0f0e1e8493be82a08012.jpeg
Sorry I could not resist, I swear it`s the pain medication!!
Please don`t hate me

https://www.duplicolor.com/product/bed-armor-truck-bed-coating/

Or

https://4wdlife.com/best-diy-truck-bedliners

My neighbor just bought a new GMC 1500 and he`s going to try WoolWax like Nassty suggested, on his last truck he used Fluid Film but figured he`d give WoolWax a try

https://www.woolwaxusa.com/

I called my local Line-X applier and was told the usually just do the rear fender wells and they will do the front but the only thing they believe it adds is sound deadening. If the coating were to get chipped by rocks they would respray the damaged area. I was also told that for an additional amount of money that there is a large selection of colors that can be applied along with basic black in matte $369.00 or black gloss finish $415.00

6624.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
/'
You can always go to Walmart and pick up the Dupli~Color kit, but make sure you have a mullet and wife beater on along with shorts and cowboy boots, and wear a thong as a mask
Or,

View attachment 150876
Sorry I could not resist, I swear it`s the pain medication!!
Please don`t hate me

https://www.duplicolor.com/product/bed-armor-truck-bed-coating/

Or

https://4wdlife.com/best-diy-truck-bedliners

My neighbor just bought a new GMC 1500 and he`s going to try WoolWax like Nassty suggested, on his last truck he used Fluid Film but figured he`d give WoolWax a try

https://www.woolwaxusa.com/

I called my local Line-X applier and was told the usually just do the rear fender wells and they will do the front but the only thing they believe it adds is sound deadening. If the coating were to get chipped by rocks they would respray the damaged area. I was also told that for an additional amount of money that there is a large selection of colors that can be applied along with basic black in matte or gloss finish

HA!!!

Turbo95max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For an additional $100 I would have them LineX the rear wheel wells. Alot of people including myself did it ourselves. I used Rustoleum spray in bed liner on the wheel wells. Held up fine to rocks and offroading for 6 years in my 2013. Did the same on my 2019 and is good so far. Total cost was about $35 and took a few hours to do.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know that you are well loved on this Forum! Kinda like high school all over again....

I called back and asked about having the front skid plate done and was told they do a of Jeep`s. He would need to see the plate to quote me a price but matte is a standard and gloss black or any other color including matte or gloss silver is $50.00 more. Chipping is not an issue according to him, it`s the change in the look of finish if you roll over a rock of tree stump, it is very noticeable because it changes the texture and color of the finish to a chalky look and it also might get gouged . He said that Jeep guys use grinder to even things out and rattle can of matte black paint to make it look like new or do a once a year touch up, not sure of the cost of that.

I did not know that Line-X has 4 types of bed liner finishes. Standard,Premium,Platinum and XTRA which is the custom color.
The price for getting both wheel wells done in matte finish, and that`s the color he recommended is $369.00 plus tax here in NJ. He did mention that they have never done the front wells of a Raptor or F-150 because of the plastic, like he said before the only thing he could think of would be some additional sound deadening and recommenced not doing it. At least he`s honest and not going for just for the money

Maybe go with the Fluid Film or WoolWax and the Husky liners? Just another option

Last edited:
OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know that you are well loved on this Forum! Kinda like high school all over again....

I called back and asked about having the front skid plate done and was told they do a of Jeep`s. He would need to see the plate to quote me a price but matte is a standard and gloss black or any other color including matte or gloss silver is $50.00 more. Chipping is not an issue according to him, it`s the change in the look of finish if you roll over a rock of tree stump, it is very noticeable because it changes the texture and color of the finish to a chalky look and it also might get gouged . He said that Jeep guys use grinder to even things out and rattle can of matte black paint to make it look like new or do a once a year touch up, not sure of the cost of that.

I did not know that Line-X has 4 types of bed liner finishes. Standard,Premium,Platinum and XTRA which is the custom color.
The price for getting both wheel wells done in matte finish, and that`s the color he recommended is $369.00 plus tax here in NJ. He did mention that they have never done the front wells of a Raptor or F-150 because of the plastic, like he said before the only thing he could think of would be some additional sound deadening and recommenced not doing it. At least he`s honest and not going for just for the money

I'm way ahead of you on the custom color. And will probably do the skid plate too, Thx