Skid Plate Line-X??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjbeats

Reaction score
Hey all, have a 2014 6.2 with low km that they will bury me in. But I am purchasing a 2019 with only 20,000 miles and still has 1.5 years of warranty and is loaded up with all the goodies so I can park my 2014 and keep the mileage low. I am taking my new 2019 to get the wheel wells Line-X’d this week and the silver skid plate has always bugged me on the Gen2 and Gen3’s. Anyone ever Line-X the front skid plate? I think its a no-brainer unless guys are banging their trucks off rocks all day. If so, then I understand leaving it stock. But for us that dont bang our trucks off of rocks all day, is there any downside to coating the skid plate to make blend in better and not stand out like a sore thumb in silver??? Thoughts?? Cheers all, and love the forum!!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me. I can see no negatives to doing it. One positive point is that the Line-X would add some strength to the plate. (in the case of hitting road debris or a small animal) I'd be sure that they coat the access panel (for the oil filter) separately so that its still removable. Otherwise, you'll have to remove the whole skid plate every time you change the oil. The added weight of the Line-X would make that job a real "pain where a pill won't reach". I've removed the skid plate before on mine, its not a hard job, but not the kind of thing you'd want to do at each oil change.
I'd like to see a picture of the finished job.
BTW, I had a 2019 Raptor. I really loved that truck. I'm sure you'll agree.